Pitching

Weakness: Strength:

Closer? Starting Pitching

Set up? Middle Relief

Gargbage time pitchers

Hitting 1B,2B,SS,3B,CF,RF,

LF?

C?

Suggestions helpful I dont sleep well thinking about now so I like to think about when and then.

I think that Jenkins is gone next year ...as much as i hate to say it, but for what he will be making vs the production hes put out if would be very tough to justify that fat paycheck he will get on his option.

COCO may return next year that is if Mark is willing to pull out the check book

Hall will be our Cfer so all you guys that scream MOVE HALL TO THE IF are joking yourselves. Hall is fine where he is at.

Sheets staying healty is a big IF.... I swear that guy is made of glass.

Turnbow if he does nto get delt I can see him being even better then this year! YES I SAID IT!!!

Ill add more if I am up to it in a bit

C - Estrada

1B - Fielder

2B - Weeks/Graffy?

SS - Hardy/Counsell

3B - Braun

LF - ??

CF - Hall

RF - Hart

SP - Sheets

SP - Gallardo

SP - Bush

SP - Capuano

SP - Suppan

SP - CV1

SP - CV2

RP - Turnbow

RP - Spurling?

RP - Parra?

Looks like LF and RP are going to be the biggest holes to me.

i think that lineup's pretty much right on. sometimes i wonder if there might be more of a shakeup in the rotation to get one of Villy/Parra in the rotation for next year. and isn't ZJ out of options? so he'd move to long relief and Villy could be shifted somewhere else.

no way I see Graffy back. he'll want and deserve a starting spot somewhere next year. his accepting arby last year seemed more a ploy to get to San Diego than to really stay with the Brewers.

i only see bullpen help as an issue. i'm pretty confident we'll find a LF good enough in FA or via trade, or a CF who shifts over, there are a ton of them as FAs next year.

I agree LF is a probable hole, and we have no closer for next year. I also think catcher is a hole, as Estrada is too poor defensively to tolerate his poor OBA.

While its not a position, team OBA is a hole, and all additions made to this team should be players with a high OBA.

The closer hole is very important, because this team will have so many save oppurtunities.

The great news is, the LF and catcher can bat 7th and 8th in this lineup, so its not like in years past where the hole that needed to be filled needed to be ideally a cleanuphitter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I guess there is a hole and then there is a HOLE. Estrada might not be the greatest C but he's almost for sure going to be our starting C next year and its not really a position where we will be upgrading. We'll get about average production out of him most likely, slightly above average hitting, below average defense.

C is more of a want than a need for the team next season.

I think the biggest need is going to be relief pitching. We have a few guys who are going to be free agents, CoCo and Linebrink, and it would be nice to sign one of them and pick up another solid bullpen guy.

I also would rather have Parra in the starting rotation than Villanueva because taking Villanueva out of the pen could hurt our bullpen alot.

Only hole is in left field. They either sign a guy for one year or give it to Gross/Gwynn/Nix and let the three of them duke it out in Spring Training. La Porta is starting there in '09. Weeks will rebound next year, just too good of a pure hitter not to.

Laporta is making a successful debut tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

What about Joe Dillon as a LF? I've been kicking around the idea, he could get a shot he's earned... If he does well he could spin that into a perm gig elsewhere or at the very mininmum remove some of the pressure off the Brewers to push LaPorta. I know it's not a sexy idea, but he's inexpensive and I find him intriguing. Even his OPS drops to around .750 that's still very servicable, he'll give us some power, has a good eye, and should carry a decent OBP as well.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I could see a Gross/Dillon platoon if the Brewers can't find something better, but I don't think I'd want Dillon as a fulltimer.

The only real holes appear to be at catcher and leftfield. Everything else should be determined by free agency, though I can't imagine them holding onto their bullpen. I'd like to see Parra in the bullpen fulltime, maybe the set up man for Turnbow. I do agree that one of the starters will be traded for a leftfielder. The Suppan contract mistake might mean that Jenks gets the heave ho as they try to save as much as they can.

The Suppan contract mistake might mean that Jenks gets the heave ho as they try to save as much as they can.

Lets see we get a pitcher that puts up innings and allows the team to not rush the youth, and gived the team a chance to win most of the time. OR keep a downward trending lefty hitting OFer that can only play against right handed pitching and is only average at that.

Jenks was out the door before the season started and it can not come any sooner.

Archived