Brewer Fanatic

ESPN top ten plays for Monday night.

I didn't watch the game on TV, but listened on the radio, and was in chat.... Anyways... Billy Hall had two nice catches late in the game that by my feelings from the radio and chat, that one of them might be worthy of an appearance on the top ten plays of the night - but nope... And a few of the catches that made the top 10 were nothing that - awwwing.

Was Hall snubbed?

On a somewhat related note, Hall had a pretty decent month of June.

27 hits, 13 walks, 9 doubles, 16 rbi or something close to that.

Maybe he "almost" made the top 10 like he "almost" got thrown out at 2nd a few times after "almost" hitting a home run.

ESPN probably figured that nobody would care that Bill Hall robbed the Pirates on 2 consecutive outs in the outfield by making sensational sliding catches. I say this because, they probably thought, "It's the PIRATES! You're SUPPOSED to get those guys out! So any diving catches against THEM means they weren't good enough to coax routine fly balls instead, which is just unexceptable when you play the Pirates."

Okay, just slightly tongue-in-cheek.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If we are going to rip ESPN for not giving proper due to our Brewers we should praise them when they do. Cory Hart had the #1 Webgem last night reaching into the stands in foul territory to make a nice catch (in my mind not worthy though of the #1 gem of the day)

Ok I guess I will pile on. Why would a Home Run ever be a top play unless it is a walk off? I mean you see the top plays and they show meaningless homers all the time.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived