Brewer Fanatic

Jose Capellan makes debut with Tigers.

I wonder what would of happend if he would of cared when he pitched in Milwaukee.

I'm sure he cared. He came across as arrogant which usually brings greed along to the party, which brings the constant yearn for numbers that bring big paydays. Plus there's the fire under his butt over his demotion. I'm sure he wanted to pitch great more than ever, since it would have forced him back to the bigs or made his trade value high enough for the crew to trade him.

Capellan probably should have gotten the win here. After his perfect frame in the top of the 10th, Tigers had bases loaded and only one out w/ Guillen and Pudge coming up. Guillen popped up, and Pudge missed a grand slam by about three feet (foul) before grounding out.

Too bad for Jose, I don't wish the guy any ill will. In fact, given the liklihood that the Tigers may play a key role in keeping the Yankees out of the postseason, I hope he pitches well down the stretch.

I'm sure he cared. He came across as arrogant which usually brings greed along to the party, which brings the constant yearn for numbers that bring big paydays. Plus there's the fire under his butt over his demotion. I'm sure he wanted to pitch great more than ever, since it would have forced him back to the bigs or made his trade value high enough for the crew to trade him.

I'm pretty sure everybody cares. The game is so much of an individual one that a player would have to be a total idiot to not care. I think the "he didn't care" stuff is just kind of over-emotional. Gord Ash even said that he was very professional.

Capellan's not very good. His ceiling was never as high as some would have liked to believe, and he still hasn't developed a dependable breaking ball.

This thread, if actually serious, reminds me of the couple of posters who thought it necessary to rub in the face of Brewer fans that thought JDLR was garbage that after about 3 weeks of the season he was 3-1 with a 3.40 ERA or something of that nature. A brief look at his numbers now will confirm Melvin did the right thing, just like he did by sending Capellan out of here.

Archived