Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Beltran to miss Milwaukee series

Carlos Beltran (oblique) didn't accompany the Mets on their flight to Milwaukee Monday and is expected to be placed on the disabled list.

"We just want to be rather safe and not rush him out there," general manager Omar Minaya said. The Mets expect Beltran to miss around two weeks due to the injury. Lastings Milledge will continue to play center field while Beltran is out.

This is off of rotoworld. A small break for the crew. Hopefully, we can capitalize on the Mets' misfortunes.

Victorino looks like he's headed to the DL for the Phillies also.

And his replacement, Michael Bourn, turned his ankle in the game last night when he stumbled over the bullpen mound. Fortunately for Bourn, it appears that it looked worse than it was.

Beltran being gone is good for us. I'll have to go with the flow here and say it helps the Brewers. I don't care if he faces the Cubs or not. We need to win our games and if we do that, it matters very little what Chicago does.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived