Brewer Fanatic

Lux out for the 2023 season with ACL, they need a SS...

TURBO

12 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

I doubt it. Lux wasn't going to play SS anyways, and they have a top 100 prospect in Michael Busch who is ready. 

If we're out of contention at the deadline, then that's a different story...

Lux was definitely going to be their starting SS. They brought Rojas in to be a bench IF. Lux played both of his ST games at SS. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

I doubt it. Lux wasn't going to play SS anyways, and they have a top 100 prospect in Michael Busch who is ready. 

Uhhh Busch hasn't played a single inning as a SS.  He is more of a 1B than a 2B but he can play 2B and if he had to play SS he would make Yuni look like Ozzie Smith.

Lux wasn't the Dodgers first option at SS but he was going to be the option after being told Adames wasn't available and losing out on Turner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nate82 said:

Uhhh Busch hasn't played a single inning as a SS.  He is more of a 1B than a 2B but he can play 2B and if he had to play SS he would make Yuni look like Ozzie Smith.

Lux wasn't the Dodgers first option at SS but he was going to be the option after being told Adames wasn't available and losing out on Turner. 

My bad. It does look like Lux was going to be the starting SS, and that Rojas was going to be a utility infielder.

I meant Busch would see time at 2B. They have him and Vargas ready and available there. Adames won't be traded until the deadline at the earliest. 

The Dodgers absolutely have the prospect capital to trade for Adames right now. But I doubt they want to meet the asking price for Adames.

I think the Dodgers will use Miguel Rojas and Chris Taylor until midseason and see how bad they need someone like Adames. Friedman is definitely not the type of GM to freak out and overpay in a trade.

I'm just saddened by Lux's injury. Wisconsin doesn't have a lot of home grown players in MLB. We can't afford to lose them!

14 hours ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Busch is definitely not a SS.

My guess is that they would call and we would so no to almost all offers. They will probably have to go with Rojas and find a cheap trade for depth or free agent like Iglesias. However if things aren't going well early for us I could see a earlier (40-50 games) trade possible.

On 2/28/2023 at 5:19 PM, Brewcrew82 said:

ummm, actually, Lux was slated to be their opening day SS and get the bulk of starts there this season.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS