Brewer Fanatic

Article: The State of the Brewers: Outfield – More Choices Galore

5 hours ago, sveumrules said:

You may be putting too much emphasis on 26 plate appearances taken by an 18 year old in AA.

"18 year old in AA" tells one pretty much all they need to know.

Yes, Chourio has had a meteoric rise.

That said, I see nothing wrong with a full season in AA this year, especially given the way-below-the-Uecker-line BA.

He's an excellent prospect. I think he could be extremely good. But I think that we have the depth to be patient.

6 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

In two years in the lower lower minors Jackson Chourio has hit .290 with an OPS of 0.867.  In 144 games he has 559 at bats with 162 hits of which 68 were extra base hits. In Double AA Jackson has .087 AVG with an OPS of 0.284 and you think this is worth more prospect capital than Frelick, Wiemers, or Mitchell?  Huh

Yes, plus Contreras.  If it wasn't he wouldn't have gone from nowhere to a consensus top 10 prospect in all of baseball after last season.  He is 4 years younger than Frelick and 6 years younger than both Mitchell and Wiemer, and he reached double-fricking A as a child last season.  That just doesn't happen unless you've got enough talent to essentially be untouchable as a prospect as soon as you start playing in the minor leagues.