Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Football 2023

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just snagged a top TE recruit for 2024:

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Not Photoshop...yes that is NYC

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

On 1/31/2023 at 2:38 PM, areacodes said:

Yup.

Not that they've never gotten a kid from Waunakee, but it's gratifying to see them break through there. It hasn't been a place they've been able to build the proverbial wall around.

Never seen Booker play, but from descriptions I've heard he sounds like he could be in the Kendricks/Beckum mold. Getting both him & Stec is unusually impressive.

Also Jamel Howard, a 320lb D-lineman who committed early then de-committed, re-chose UW today. New DL coach Greg Scruggs & Fickell held off Michigan, among others.

Some of the transfer pickups, which often come with a coaching change, will certainly pay dividends. But this (the HS recruiting) is what'll sustain them over the long haul. And the staff has done this with little time to acclimate to their new gig. You can't help but be impressed.

EDIT: areacodes beats me by a nose!!!!

6 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

I wonder how much the transfer media buzz of players flocking to WI has helped with the HS recruits.  Certainly has to perk up a kids ears to see all sorts of 3 and 4 star recruits suddenly transferring in... 

I'm sure it helps, but I think we are seeing what OSU, Oregon, Alabama, etc. have been doing for years.  Wisconsin is finally catching up.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, areacodes said:

Interesting…

Wasn't he rumored to be potential offensive coordinator for UW at one point before they hired Longo?

2 hours ago, homer said:

Wasn't he rumored to be potential offensive coordinator for UW at one point before they hired Longo?

I have to imagine there was at least speculation of that based on his previous role under Fickell at Cincinnati.

Wonder if he feels there is a better chance to get an OC role somewhere coaching QB’s instead of TE/Passing Game Coordinator?