Brewer Fanatic

2023 Wrestling Thread

patrickgpe

I always felt that tomorrow is New Years Day on the pro wrestling calendar. The Rumble has lost a lot of its shine with the IWC leaking everything, the ability to predict the winners almost every year and the general lack of surprise entrances from retired wrestlers.

That being said, I still enjoy the pay per view more than even Wrestlemania.  

While I am really looking forward to Bray Wyatt vs LA Knight’s gimmick match, the 2 RR matches should be good. I will again predict no surprises and go with Rhea Ripley and Cody Rhodes. I could also see Lesnar winning. If I had to pick a different female, I’d go with Rodriguez. Also will be interesting to see how the Sami Zahn and Bloodline storyline advances. 

I think the biggest surprise entrant will be Stone Cold since it’s back in Texas. I know a lot of people are saying Rock, but I do not think that will be in the works. 

4 hours ago, patrickgpe said:

I always felt that tomorrow is New Years Day on the pro wrestling calendar. The Rumble has lost a lot of its shine with the IWC leaking everything, the ability to predict the winners almost every year and the general lack of surprise entrances from retired wrestlers.

There's an old saying in marketing - "predictability is the enemy of engagement".  Once the Rumble winners got a title shot at Wrestlemania that meant that only about 4-5 guys had a realistic shot of winning it.  It wasn't so much retired wrestlers, but back in the day the excitement was a surprise entrant that they poached from WCW or another federation.

If you want to make a little bit of money (literally meaning "little"), always bet on the Rumble favorite in Vegas the morning of the event.  That's always who wins it.

14 hours ago, LouisEly said:

There's an old saying in marketing - "predictability is the enemy of engagement".  Once the Rumble winners got a title shot at Wrestlemania that meant that only about 4-5 guys had a realistic shot of winning it.  It wasn't so much retired wrestlers, but back in the day the excitement was a surprise entrant that they poached from WCW or another federation.

If you want to make a little bit of money (literally meaning "little"), always bet on the Rumble favorite in Vegas the morning of the event.  That's always who wins it.

Nothing will beat edge coming back in 2020. Also AJ styles a few years back. You are right the surprise debut in the rumble is the best