Brewer Fanatic

Rumor: David Stearns has Emerged as Candidate for Head Astros Job

wibadgers23

I kind of wish Stearns would leave so the speculation would stop. I'd also like to see what he does with another team. He did very well here but wasn't perfect. If he's given the keys to a Corvette instead of a Chevette the expectation go up as well. He's earned the chance to play with big boy money if he wants but there are reputational risks with doing that as well.

Overall Arnold seems to be off to a good start here so I don't really care.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of wish Stearns would leave so the speculation would stop. I'd also like to see what he does with another team. He did very well here but wasn't perfect. If he's given the keys to a Corvette instead of a Chevette the expectation go up as well. He's earned the chance to play with big boy money if he wants but there are reputational risks with doing that as well.

Overall Arnold seems to be off to a good start here so I don't really care.

1 hour ago, Thurston Fluff said:

If [Stearns] is given the keys to a Corvette instead of a Chevette the expectations go up as well.

I love “old school” references … you clearly communicated with the 50 & over forum members … the younger crowd is likely perplexed 🤓

F27EC13D-2A28-4F0D-B0F0-AF567696E3DF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Thurston Fluff said:

If [Stearns] is given the keys to a Corvette instead of a Chevette the expectations go up as well.

I love “old school” references … you clearly communicated with the 50 & over forum members … the younger crowd is likely perplexed 🤓

1 hour ago, edfunderburk said:

I still wonder if Stearns' being set aside was forced upon him, but portrayed publicly as Stearns' decision.  Attanasio might hold Stearns responsible for missing the 2022 playoffs with how he navigated the trade deadline.

And here is the quintessential ode to the Chevette;

1 hour ago, edfunderburk said:

I still wonder if Stearns' being set aside was forced upon him, but portrayed publicly as Stearns' decision.  Attanasio might hold Stearns responsible for missing the 2022 playoffs with how he navigated the trade deadline.

And here is the quintessential ode to the Chevette;

2 hours ago, edfunderburk said:

I owned one so you know how old I am. Biggest piece of garbage I ever had although I never owned a Yugo.

2 hours ago, edfunderburk said:

I owned one so you know how old I am. Biggest piece of garbage I ever had although I never owned a Yugo.

• 4 weeks later...