Brewer Fanatic

Rumor: MLBTR - Is Adrian Houser a Trade Candidate?

I think it might make sense to hold onto all the starting pitchers until spring training and wait for the inevitable injuries. A guy like Houser or Lauer could look a whole lot better in mid march to a team that just lost one of their top guys. Or the Brewers could have injuries and they could need them.

advocates for the devil

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might make sense to hold onto all the starting pitchers until spring training and wait for the inevitable injuries. A guy like Houser or Lauer could look a whole lot better in mid march to a team that just lost one of their top guys. Or the Brewers could have injuries and they could need them.

advocates for the devil

Trading Houser now, after his 2022 season would be selling low.

See where we are into spring training.  I see people saying teams with injuries might need him, hell, we could be one of those teams with injuries, so trading him with such a low value now would be stupid.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Trading Houser now, after his 2022 season would be selling low.

See where we are into spring training.  I see people saying teams with injuries might need him, hell, we could be one of those teams with injuries, so trading him with such a low value now would be stupid.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of Houser to the pen. I don't understand advanced pitching metrics well enough to know, but it seems that a ground ball pitcher that can also strike guys out is a real benefit. He can come in with the bases jammed and nobody out, and you can still hope to prevent any runs. In addition, his 2019 season (18 starts, 35 appearances, 111 IP) resulted in very good K-rates, and his lowest walk-rates. He's a great guy to be the swingman. Also a great candidate to piggy-back with Ashby being that they are RH/LH and both look better in shorter stints. I guess all pitchers do.