Brewer Fanatic

Article: Brewers Have Options After Miley Signing: Do They Trade a Pitcher?

Tim Muma

1 hour ago, mtsportsfan said:

Don't kill me on this , but why are these proposed trades of a pitcher for a OF when that seems to be strength ( young) . We have needed corner infielders for it seems like decades ! 

Because if you want a MLB player in return you are more than likely are going to be getting an OF over an IF based on the teams that have been rumored to be interested in starting pitchers. 

If the Brewers prefer prospects over MLB players then you maybe able to get an IF instead of an OF but I think the Brewers would prioritize a pitcher over a positional player if they are going the prospect route.  

So here are a few trades that I think are possible:

Orioles get: Lauer

Brewers get: Santander and one of (Comp Balance Pick/McDermott/Pinto/Rom/Gillaspie)

Blue Jays get: Lauer

Brewers get: Barger and Horwitz

Rangers get: Lauer

Brewers get: Ornelas and Bratt

Yankees get: Lauer

Brewers get: Beck, Beeter and Selvidge

Red Sox get: Lauer

Brewers get: Drohan, Rodriguez-Cruz and Seabold

MLB talent wise it will be an OF as the other teams don't really have a spare IF to trade away.  If you want IF it will be for a prospect.  Probably the best deal would be Toronto if you are looking for an IF. 

6 hours ago, nate82 said:

Because if you want a MLB player in return you are more than likely are going to be getting an OF over an IF based on the teams that have been rumored to be interested in starting pitchers. 

If the Brewers prefer prospects over MLB players then you maybe able to get an IF instead of an OF but I think the Brewers would prioritize a pitcher over a positional player if they are going the prospect route.  

So here are a few trades that I think are possible:

Orioles get: Lauer

Brewers get: Santander and one of (Comp Balance Pick/McDermott/Pinto/Rom/Gillaspie)

Blue Jays get: Lauer

Brewers get: Barger and Horwitz

Rangers get: Lauer

Brewers get: Ornelas and Bratt

Yankees get: Lauer

Brewers get: Beck, Beeter and Selvidge

Red Sox get: Lauer

Brewers get: Drohan, Rodriguez-Cruz and Seabold

MLB talent wise it will be an OF as the other teams don't really have a spare IF to trade away.  If you want IF it will be for a prospect.  Probably the best deal would be Toronto if you are looking for an IF. 

Thanks , this board seems to have the most informed posters than on any other site !

20 hours ago, Sweaty said:

And that difference means Turang getting Super Two will cost the team about $2-$3 M while Frelick getting Super Two will cost the team around $10 M.

Frelick needs to be stashed a couple of months.

I don't know where you got those numbers from. I expect a warm, dark, moist place.

But either Frelick needs to get a "full year" of service to qualify for a draft pick, or he needs to be kept in the minors until after super two. But it's not a decision that has to be made on opening day. He can be brought up within two weeks of the season's start to qualify, and he can be demoted at any time if he shows he's unlikely to earn that draft pick.

17 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

The Brewers can start whomever they want whenever they want.  

you were so confident of that you posted it twice.

Of course the Brewers can do this. They can even tell Burnes, Woodruff or Peralta that they're the new closer. But I wanted you to tell me why you gave priority to Miley over Lauer.