Brewer Fanatic

Week 17: Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers - Sunday January 1, 3:25 PM CT on CBS

areacodes

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

12 hours ago, young guns said:

So much up for grabs next week.  I'm going to guess if Baltimore wins tonight, their game vs cinci next week will bu Sunday night since Cincinnati plays Monday.  Tenn/Jax looks like it will be for the division so I'll guess they get a Saturday slot, and I think our game will be on Saturday as well.

I think we are looking at Sunday night now, maybe they go with Pats-Bills but our game is a potential playoff game. They will hope for a Seahawks loss.

1 hour ago, OldHeidelberg said:

I think we are looking at Sunday night now, maybe they go with Pats-Bills but our game is a potential playoff game. They will hope for a Seahawks loss.

Yeah, I can't see CIN/BAL being Sunday Night without Lamar Jackson, and if the Bengals win tonight it's moot point anyway. Also, Packers=ratings.

9 minutes ago, HarryDoyle said:

Yeah, I can't see CIN/BAL being Sunday Night without Lamar Jackson, and if the Bengals win tonight it's moot point anyway. Also, Packers=ratings.

That was with the assumption that Baltimore would have won Sunday night, but now who knows.  I'm not sure when the times will be finalized, but if it's before tonight's game then I think Sunday night will have a high chance to be jax/tenn since that one is for sure for the division with the loser likely not getting in.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

24 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

Let’s be honest, no one cares whether the Lions have a shot or not. It’s about the Packers, who 100% will be playing for that playoff spot at home. If the Lions are too, that’s just icing on the cake for ratings.

Yes, Titans-Jags are already penciled in for Saturday night, Ravens-Bengals are already in playoffs and Patriots-Bills could be rendered meaningless by earlier results. We are going to be Sunday night which I hate but not complaining about anything on this house money run we are on. Too bad for Lions fans though if they get eliminated before kickoff but ratings are king.

1 hour ago, MrTPlush said:

Nixon sure didn’t struggle running up the middle the entire length of the field…

But we watered the field with magical Lambeau water that only effects the Vikings.  In reality, it just means the Vikings aren't used to playing on grass... which would mean they are going to have issues at San Fran or Philly too.  Maybe they are praying for the Cowboys.

Much like last year, it seems that the defense continues to gel late in the season.  Last year it was understandable as the scheme was new.  This year it is more surprising.  Not that I think Barry should stay, but it is nice to see adjustments made.  Individual player performance improvements (i.e.. Walker, Slayton, Douglas, Savage) are also nice too see.  

Now if we can just find our pass rush.  I think that is going to be a challenge in the playoffs if we can't pressure the QBs.  If we had Gary still healthy, I'd feel much better about our SB chances.