Brewer Fanatic

Bauer

TURBO

So we are no longer allowed to discuss a player due to the fact that some couldn't contain their emotions about said player?

Seems a bit controlling for a message board.

• Like 2
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

18 hours ago, TURBO said:

So we are no longer allowed to discuss a player due to the fact that some couldn't contain their emotions about said player?

Seems a bit controlling for a message board.

It wasn't about controlling emotions. After reading through the thread, there were people defending and/or trying to diminish the behavior of Bauer, which is absolutely deplorable. So yeah, the thread was locked and this one will be as well if it drifts down that road.

An independent arbitrator saw enough evidence that Bauer's behavior warranted the longest suspension ever under the domestic abuse clause of MLB. It's not up for debate whether he did it and we're not going to litigate it on this forum.

• Like 6

Brock your comment is drifting way left and has zero bearing on his credibility as a pitcher.  Do not cloud is abhorrent behavior with his ability to throw the baseball.  If Bauer does become a Brewer that would allow both Houser and Ashby to become 7 and 8 inning bullpen pitchers and if it doesn't work out the Brewers can cut him for next to nothing.  It is a baseball move.  He either plays well or he is no longer.  I doubt who ever ends up with this garbage will have any tolerance for his shenanigans.  People deserve multiple chances.  That is what the independent arbitrator thought cutting his suspension short.

Just because you are an adminstrator does not mean your opinion is the only opinion.  Show some tolerance.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Brock your comment is drifting way left and has zero bearing on his credibility as a pitcher.  Do not cloud is abhorrent behavior with his ability to throw the baseball.  If Bauer does become a Brewer that would allow both Houser and Ashby to become 7 and 8 inning bullpen pitchers and if it doesn't work out the Brewers can cut him for next to nothing.  It is a baseball move.  He either plays well or he is no longer.  I doubt who ever ends up with this garbage will have any tolerance for his shenanigans.  People deserve multiple chances.  That is what the independent arbitrator thought cutting his suspension short.

Just because you are an adminstrator does not mean your opinion is the only opinion.  Show some tolerance.  

My status as an administrator means only one thing: I work to maintain the health of the community and site at large.

My personal issues with Bauer and his ability to throw a baseball have not entered this conversation even once; I have stayed miles away from that particular conversation quite intentionally.

But back to the health of the community and site, defense of a sexual abuser or even mitigation of what they have done doesn't fly here. Ever.

Feel free to say you think Trevor Bauer can throw a baseball really well and you want him on your team. Expect people to disagree, quite strongly.

But defend the man's actions or mitigate the damage he has caused to others? Nope, not gonna fly here.

• Like 8

I'll say a little bit about myself here and it may be an overshare but it drives a lot of my thinking while operating a site and community:

I'm raising two wonderful Black daughters. I hope that someday baseball captures their love and attention enough to take over this business and make it their own. I am a steward of both this community and especially them. I will not and cannot operate a community in a way that will embarrass them. That's my job as a father and a business owner.

And that's (part of the reason) why we will not allow sexual aggressors to be trumpeted and their transgressions diminished.

If anyone has a problem with that, I welcome them to participate with any number of communities that allow such conversation. But if you want the best conversation about baseball, that's what we have here at Brewer Fanatic.

• Like 6
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

Ray Lewis stood trial for murder and is in the NFL Hall of Fame and is  featured in their pre-game  hype shows. 

Matt Bush ran over a guys head while drunk driving without a license, went to prison and is on the Brewers..

America loves its sports heroes in spite of their flaws, Trevor Bauer will be fine.

A lot has changed over the last couple of decades but agree that athletes still get multiple chances to get their redemption story.

I have been here a long time and have criticized the Brewers for years for continuing to employ K-Rod and inviting him back for his Walk of Fame ceremony that for some reason ended up not happening. However, it would not surprise me in the least if the Brewers went after Bauer. As Noted, they seeked out Matt Bush just last summer.

The sports world no longer cares if players have character and are morally set, they just want the money, the exposure, and I believe that people want and like villians!

I used to root against guys like Bonds, Alomar, Ray Lewis, and all the rest of the pieces of crap out there, and still do.

I'm not against bringing Bauer on board though.  If he truly wants another shot at a career, he'll mind his business and not screw it up again, if he is too far gone, then he'll mess up and he'll be cut.

We've had our share of guys who have knocked women around, DUI, etc.  To take the moral high ground now is just hypocritical. 

If he were to become a Brewer, I'd root like hell for him, if he signs elsewhere (and there is a 100% chance he will) I will root like hell against him.

That is where I sit for now.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sitting in a place where I don't expect to be put in a position to root like hell for or against Trevor Bauer. I think the rest of MLB is sitting in that place too.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21