Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Employee Reddit Thread

MVP2110

Not sure if this is allowed since it's linking to a Reddit Thread but a Brewers Employee shared some interesting Nuggets

Things that stood out to me

1. The Adames/Burnes/Woodruff stuff. No Surprise but goodbye Burnes

2. The idea that Wiemer might start the year on the Opening Day Roster was a bit of a surprise, and the idea Yelich might dabble a bit at 1b

3. The Hader trade being super divisive in the org. Especially the fact that Counsell hated it

4. The Renfroe stuff, we all knew he wasn't exactly the model teammate but that would help explain the whole 5 teams in 5 years with him

Yelich at first base for10-15 games? 

Yeah I’m not buying it……..doesn’t seem to make any sense. 

Stating as fact that Hiura will be on the team and getting time in left field? With all the better outfield options they will have? 

Stearns not being sold on the Hader trade but approved it anyway?

none of this rings true to me…….and calling Renfroe a racist yet is ok with everything being posted since nothing he said would get him fired? 

Come on.

• Like 3

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
22 minutes ago, wallus said:

If you were wondering whatever happened to HighHeat.... In all seriousness, even if it isn't real, it's still interesting to debate in the long offseason.

Now that you mention it, it does very much have the "look at me, I have insider info" ring to it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jopal78 said:

I bet that’s all 100% made up by some fan. A player a “casual racist”? No way that wouldn’t have been  in the media to generate clicks and views.

Perhaps Counsell's skills were able to keep such a thing from blowing up publicly. That sort of controversy could really rip a team apart.

I think it does look very likely that the Crew will have to deal Burnes. Stinks, but there's no really avoiding it now.

Woodruff and Adames, hopefully, can be extended. This is where Bobby Bonilla comes in handy.

Give Adames 10/260, but have $60 million deferred over 20 years. 

Woodruff, 8/210, with $50 million deferred over 20 years.

The Contreras trade stuff seems extremely on target to me, and makes sense since Atlanta needed the OF to complete the deal. 

A little surprised Frelick isn't in the opening day mix. I wonder if they're keeping him at AAA to get him work at other positions (3B, SS, 2B - he played infield in college) as a contingency for being unable to reach a deal with Adames or to get him on the field due to the presence of Mitchell/Wiemer/Chuorio/Avina in the system and Yelich/Taylor/Winker/Hiura at the MLB level.

Maybe not a "casual racist", but Renfroe being difficult in the clubhouse would make the 5 teams in 5 years thing more sensical....He did give off an odd vibe in interviews. 

Overall, I don't know what to think. Some of the nuggets (e.g. Contreras trade) seem to breathe an air of truth, but others (e.g., Yelich at 1B, fixed roof) are quite out there...I'm guessing this guy does work in the FO, but is embellishing somewhat so as to make him seem more important than he actually is. That's only human nature....

This guy has 0 inside information. In the reaction to the Wong trade, he said the Mariners had to have been a new development despite Morosi reporting the Mariners contacted the Brewers a week before the poster's Thanksgiving thread. In the Thanksgiving thread, he said the Brewers purposely took a losing trad in the Hader deal because of their reputation of raking other teams over the coals. Now that Ruiz netted them Contreras, Payamps, and Yeager, he's talking about how the scouts loved Ruiz. This is the HighHeat19 stuff all over again.

• Like 7

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
3 hours ago, wallus said:

If you were wondering whatever happened to HighHeat.... In all seriousness, even if it isn't real, it's still interesting to debate in the long offseason.

how would an employee have insider knowledge on both contract details AND a new food offering? Would love to know this posters IP address. 

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006