Brewer Fanatic

Vinnie Pasquantino

Saw this rumor on twitter: 

I know the source is not proven, but something to talk about. I would be interested in potentially trading some of our outfield prospect depth for him, another young cornerstone moving forward. Of course it depends on the price, I would personally start with one of Mitchell/Wiemer, Black and the comp pick. 

If we got Pasquantino our position player core is solid...  Pasquantino, Frelick, Chourio, Turang, Contreras, one of Mitchell/Wiemer. 

Even without this fantasy, I'm loving the young core and position the Brewers are in moving forward.

Edited by IntentionalHBP1

Would surprise me somewhat if the Brewers traded a big prospect outlay for a guy like Vinnie who is limited to 1B/DH, but he has straight mashed all through the minors and his half season with the Royals.

His 141 wRC+ Steamer projection is almost 20 points higher than anyone else on our roster so would definitely be a big add to the lineup. 

Royals are probably the 2nd most “out there” front office after the Rockies so who really knows what they’re ever thinking.

They do seem to have an affinity for speedy contact hitters that play good defense though, which is an area where we have some depth.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SandyTolan said:

This would displace Rowdy, obviously, but maybe he would be part (albeit a small part) of the return to KC.

We could always trade Rowdy or Winker.

I doubt a guy like Vinny would be traded, basically a 1/1 k/bb ratio is crazy now days. He, Witt, and Melendez is an interesting young core with a vet like Perez to lead them. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:34 PM, Austin Tatious said:

I like the concept but I’d much rather go after Noelvi Marte from Cincinnati.  He’d be a nice get and balance out our prospects between IF and OF.  Cincinnati wants to balance the other way because they are overloaded in the infield.

I'd love Marte, but he's a top 20 prospect who hasn't yet seen AA.

The difference in acquiring him would likely be significantly more costly and it wouldn't do anything to help us this year. And...they may choose to keep he and De La Cruz to be the left side of their IF. 

They had 3 other SS's in the top 100. My guess is they'd prefer to move them, but if they did trade Marte, they'd likely start with Chourio and then move on to Frelick+Ashby or another well regarded prospect.