Brewer Fanatic

Robocaller’s 2023 Payroll Blueprint Post Contreras and Miller

This is the winter doldrums version where we don't acquire anyone else, and we keep Turang in the minors until June. Varland or Guerra could be replaced with Peguero.
It could be even worse if they keep Frelick in AAA and have Perkins on the O.D. roster. 
I think they'll probably sign a reliever, displacing Guerra, Varland, or Payamps.  They might sign a bat whom wasn't getting good offers; I don't think any such signing will be significant, but they surprised me with trading for Contreras.

The "infield mob" of Urias, Brosseau, Miller, and Toro will cover 2B and 3B (and the occasional start at 1B). God help us if Adames is injured. 

• C: William Contreras ($0.80M)
  • 1B: Rowdy Tellez ($5.30M)
  • 2B: Abraham Toro ($1.40M)
  • 3B: Luis Urias ($4.30M)
  • SS: Willy Adames ($9.20M)
  • LF: Christian Yelich ($26.00M)
  • CF: Sal Frelick ($0.72M)
  • DH: Jesse Winker ($8.25M)
  • Bench OF: Tyrone Taylor ($0.80M)
  • Utility: Owen Miller ($0.80M)
  • Utility: Mike Brosseau ($1.4M)
  • Backup C: Victor Caratini ($2.80M)
  • RP: Peter Strzelecki ($0.70M)
  • 2B: Kolten Wong (trade to Seattle) ($1.75M)
  • RF: Garrett Mitchell ($0.72M)
  • SP1: Corbin Burnes ($11.40M)
  • SP2: Brandon Woodruff ($11.00M)
  • SP3: Freddy Peralta ($3.50M)
  • SP4: Eric Lauer ($5.20M)
  • SP5: Adrian Houser ($3.60M)
  • CL: Devin Williams ($3.20M)
  • RP: Joel Payamps ($0.90M)
  • RP: Matt Bush ($2.00M)
  • RP: Gus Varland ($0.72M)
  • RP: Hoby Milner ($1.10M)
  • RP: Aaron Ashby ($1.00M)
  • RP: Javy Guerra ($0.72M)

Payroll is 15.94% under budget

I was thinking similar recently with Turang in AAA and Frelich as well. I could see us going Miller, Toro, and Brosseau at 2B (or 3B and Urias 2B). The more is think about it, it makes sense to get an extra year out of them. If we keep Frelich in AAA FOR a month+ until we get that extra year we can go Taylor in RF, Mitchell CF, Perkins 4th OF and still have Winker as a 5th OF when needed (and not in game DH). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jay87shot said:

I was thinking similar recently with Turang in AAA and Frelich as well. I could see us going Miller, Toro, and Brosseau at 2B (or 3B and Urias 2B). The more is think about it, it makes sense to get an extra year out of them. If we keep Frelich in AAA FOR a month+ until we get that extra year we can go Taylor in RF, Mitchell CF, Perkins 4th OF and still have Winker as a 5th OF when needed (and not in game DH). 

Welcome to the dark side, Darth JayShot.