Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Correa to Giants - 13 (not a typo) years, $350 million

homer

On 12/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, Brock Beauchamp said:

I'm pretty pissed off at the Twins front office right now. I'll just leave it at that.

The Twins offered more $$ per year, just for 10 years & not 13.  I really wanted to see Correa come back here.  But I laud the Twins' FO's restraint by not offering more than 10 years.  Signing a 28-year-old to ridiculous money ($28.5M/year) through his age-41 season seems like utter stupidity, and I'm glad it's not the Twins who did it.

There's a lot to be said for "winning" the battle to get the player you want, but there's also a lot to be said for avoiding a foolish if not potentially franchise-crippling move (witness the 8 years of paying for buying out Suter & Parise).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MNBrew said:

(witness the 8 years of paying for buying out Suter & Parise).

Parise had to go, but i haven’t ever figured out what the pressing need was to get rid of suter. At least maybe could have rode him a couple more years to make it less painful. The cancer must have been a stage 4.

All in all though I think i would have made those signings again if we could go back though.