Brewer Fanatic

Rumor: Brewers Among Teams Expressing Interest in D-Backs' Outfielders

From MLBTR, "Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports roughly 10 clubs have been in touch with Hazen and company regarding at least one of the team’s outfielders. Piecoro lists the Yankees, Brewers, Blue Jays, A’s, Marlins, White Sox and Reds as clubs with interest."

Very interesting considering our existing stockpile of young outfielders. Daulton Varsho sure would look good in a Brewers' uniform, with the rare ability to play elite defense at RF, CF, and C....

View full rumor

4 minutes ago, wibadgers23 said:

Well, the Brewers always seem to zig when we think they should zag so grabbing another outfielder wouldn't totally surprise me I guess.

It fits the oppoertunistic angle they go for. Find the the value where you can get it instead of feeling forced to overpay for something obvious.

4 minutes ago, wibadgers23 said:

Well, the Brewers always seem to zig when we think they should zag so grabbing another outfielder wouldn't totally surprise me I guess.

It fits the oppoertunistic angle they go for. Find the the value where you can get it instead of feeling forced to overpay for something obvious.

The only way I find this to have any merit is if they are targeting Varsho but as a catcher.  Otherwise, seems stupid.  Wouldn't surprise me though, we already got one OF this off season (loosely anyway) so adding another one to jam up our outfield would be icing on the cake in weirdness.

The only way I find this to have any merit is if they are targeting Varsho but as a catcher.  Otherwise, seems stupid.  Wouldn't surprise me though, we already got one OF this off season (loosely anyway) so adding another one to jam up our outfield would be icing on the cake in weirdness.

Eh, if they can find a cost controlled OF with the skillset they like which in turn frees up one of the MiLB OFs for a trade for something they need then it could be understood.  But if Arizona is looking for MLB pieces I'm not sure who they give up.  Maybe Mitchell and Lauer?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Eh, if they can find a cost controlled OF with the skillset they like which in turn frees up one of the MiLB OFs for a trade for something they need then it could be understood.  But if Arizona is looking for MLB pieces I'm not sure who they give up.  Maybe Mitchell and Lauer?

Just now, 82brewcrew82 said:

If we're giving up Mitchell and Lauer why don't we just give them to the Jays directly for Danny Jansen, right? I don't get it. Though, I would definitely love to have Daulton Varsho on the team to install in RF for the next four years. Maybe even longer, as a Marshfield, WI resident...

Just now, 82brewcrew82 said:

If we're giving up Mitchell and Lauer why don't we just give them to the Jays directly for Danny Jansen, right? I don't get it. Though, I would definitely love to have Daulton Varsho on the team to install in RF for the next four years. Maybe even longer, as a Marshfield, WI resident...

1 minute ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Admittedly, I was reaching but I doubt there is much too the idea.

1 minute ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Admittedly, I was reaching but I doubt there is much too the idea.