Brewer Fanatic

Formal List of Brewers Rule 5 Eligibles

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
13 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Not sure what you mean by "keeping." I'd put his chance at making the ML roster would be less that that, but there's the chance they could work out a deal for him (not sure how that works, but that it can).

Yeah, I'm agreeing that the odds of Varland making the ML roster are low. If by March 2023 we're not thrilled with him, we'd most likely DFA him, he'd go unclaimed and return to the Dodgers' minor league system like nothing ever happened. We selected Colin Walsh and Zack Jones in 2015. Walsh hit .085 through 47 ABs and was returned to the A's in June 2016, while Jones got injured, never appeared in a ML game, and was returned to Twins, also in June 2016.

Just now, Robocaller said:

they've got a few INF in NASH that could get called up; Devanney might be the only one with more upside than a AAAA guy.

Absolutely.

Untapped potential still there with this guy. I’ll be following his season with Nashville quite closely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joseph Zarr said:

We're spirited, rejoicing, and generally drunk and merry at Devanney Stans Anonymous tonight, baby! Let's Go Sounds!

The Ultimate Fighter Running GIF by UFC

It was hard to turn away from that gif, but I kept thinking he really ought to be wearing a jock if he was jogging.

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

At first glance, you'd expect Collins to repeat AA (.221 / .337 / .347 slash last year), but the presence of Tyler Black and Felix Valerio will likely limit his opportunities at second base in Biloxi. So I wouldn't be surprised if's he's more of a AA/AAA rover, like Andruw Monasterio last year, in Collins' case filling OF/2B needs where they happen to arise. At least his 30 stolen bases in 2022 suggests that his .278 BABIP was lower than it'll usually be.