Brewer Fanatic

deGrom to Rangers - 5 years, $185 million

markedman5

12 hours ago, MrTPlush said:

Well, unless he ages like Justin Verlander

Entering his age 35 season deGrom has 209 GS and 1,326 IP over nine seasons. He has 30 GS in a season four times.

Entering his age 35 season Verlander had 385 GS and 2,545 IP making fewer than 30 starts in only one of his 11 seasons to that point.

From ages 35-39 Verlander went for 97 GS and 618 IP of 182 ERA+ good for 19.8 WAR on BRef’s calculator. Given deGrom’s recent issues staying healthy those GS and IP totals seem optimistic.

The Rangers have now sxpent almost tree quarters of a billion dollars on Seager, Semien, Gray and deGrom the last two off seasons.

Maybe they’ll get lucky and finish 3rd in their division this year.

• Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 2

Imagine paying a 35 year old basically $40mil a year and he hasn’t made half a seasons worth of start in 4 years.

mid you combined his stats with whatever starter has to replace him all the time when injured…how bad are his stats?

I guess you pray you can make the postseason and he is healthy when you make it. It is pretty hard to think there is a very likely chance this ends up a good deal in the grand scheme.

• Like 1

All major signings get discussed here since the start of time

• Like 1

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

17 hours ago, DR28 said:

Thanks a lot Jacob, not a chance we resign Corbin now… He’s gonna get $200+ million.

There was never a chance the Brewers were going to extend Burnes. There were just hopeful Brewer fans wishing it was a possibility. 

• Like 1

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

When looking at that Rangers roster, all I can see is how bad they might be in 3-4 years. They could have $110m a year committed to players in their mid-30s and ineffective.

It's fun to see your team sign high profile players but this is not the way I want to see my team build a roster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

When looking at that Rangers roster, all I can see is how bad they might be in 3-4 years. They could have $110m a year committed to players in their mid-30s and ineffective.

It's fun to see your team sign high profile players but this is not the way I want to see my team build a roster.

Agreed, but they kinda have no other choice. Their farm has been climbing in the rankings, but hasn’t really turned out anyone yet. New stadium to fill.

Last made the playoffs in 2016, since then they’ve won 373 games, 6th fewest in MLB. Only PIT (368), MIA (364), KCR (362), DET (341) and BAL (336) have been worse.

At least the Orioles look like they’re starting to come out of it through development, but those other teams along with CIN (386 wins since 2017), OAK (ownership tearing it down) and WAS (2nd fewest wins in MLB since winning the WS) are the dregs for sure.

I’d include COL too since they seem to operate on an island, but their fans keep showing up so no big whoop I guess.

Then again, nothing might be more depressing than LAA wasting a decade of Trout and about to leave the whole Ohtani experience with nothing either barring the miraculous.

• Like 1