Brewer Fanatic

Ranking the new prospects!

We're going to try something a little different this offseason and see how it goes. We're not going to re-rank all the prospects, we're going to plug in the new guys. Here is the current list:

https://brewerfanatic.com/milwaukee-brewers-top-prospect-rankings/

So take a look at that list and then come back and list where you'd place the new guys (if you think they're all lower than 20, please post that, as it will impact the overall ranking).

Second, remember that if you place a guy at 14, everyone 15-20 shifts down a position. If you then place a guy at 18, factor that shuffle into your lower number.

No need to list your entire top 20, just list the new guys and their number in the top 20.

I'll give everyone about a week to put together their new lists.

None of them should sniff the top 20.

For the sake of averaging: Junk 27, .

edit: deleted Peguero; BB ref has him as losing rookie status, though I don't know how with only 16 games as a reliever in his ML career. Maybe he was on the ML injured list for an extended period?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's a rare moment where I mostly agree with @Robocaller

Tho, I would be remiss to say: I think all of Junk, Peguero, and Seminaris should freely sniff 20 and beyond. Taste the aromas. But, truth be told, from a prospect vantage point I think they mostly flavor the 20-30 range at this juncture. 

I don't think the Brewers brass see Junk as a prospect any longer, however. I think they see him as a roster addition. Peguero and Seminaris have more work to do to establish their place in the organization. At present day, until they show their skills and their ability to improve, I probably consider them organizational depth - and I definitely don't think this is a bad thing. 

I probably place Peguero in the yet to be finalized pool of AAAA call-up candidates. 

I probably place Seminaris in the pool of: "Prove it to me in the Southern League, first."