Brewer Fanatic

Rumor: Adames Unlikely to Be Traded, Possibly in Extension Talks with Brewers

1 hour ago, Ewitkows1 said:

I wonder if Adames doesn't sign an extension if they trade him away and sign one of the 4 FA. That could really set us up for the future with 2 to 3 prospects and a SS signed for 5 to 7 years.

I doubt it just because it has seemed like the FO intention to give Turang a shot at some point. Also with Yeli it would be hard to give someone else 30 million and if we did it would be Burnes or Woody before, I would think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ewitkows1 said:

I wonder if Adames doesn't sign an extension if they trade him away and sign one of the 4 FA. That could really set us up for the future with 2 to 3 prospects and a SS signed for 5 to 7 years.

All 4 of the free agent shortstops are going to get massive contracts, probably way more than an Adames extension would cost.

2 hours ago, wibadgers23 said:

All 4 of the free agent shortstops are going to get massive contracts, probably way more than an Adames extension would cost.

I also think all 4 of them are better than Adames. We've cleared enough $$ to be able to take one of them on if we trade away Adames.