Brewer Fanatic

Article: Is Eric Lauer the Starting Pitcher Most Likely Traded by the Brewers?

Tim Muma

14 hours ago, Hopper said:

Mitchell is NOT a throw in player.

Lauer and Wong for Kirk, maybe, but no way I'd just THRIOW in a guy like Mitchell.

That is crazy talk.

I didn't say he was a "throw in" type player, I said I'd throw him into that deal as A-He fits what Toronto needs(they went out and got JBJ to get a left handed hitting CFer last year) and Lauer for Kirk is SOOO far away from being worth it for Toronto, it's not even funny.  

I don't think it'll matter though as I don't think the Blue Jays would seriously entertain Lauer, Mitchell and Wong for Kirk. They'd almost certainly want Frelick and even at that point, I don't know if they make that deal for Kirk and they definitely don't for Moreno. 

52 minutes ago, jay87shot said:

Mitchell, Lauer, and Wong is possibly a little bit light. Young all-star catchers are hard to come by and I would guess that the Jays would get a couple top 100 prospects up.

Right...and again, to be clear, I wasn't actually suggesting I thought that deal would get it done. I guess it's possible as every team has their own scouting reports, but I'd think they could get better value and players who offer more immediate returns and certainty at the big league level as they look like they're a legitimate contender as of now. 

52 minutes ago, jay87shot said:

Mitchell, Lauer, and Wong is possibly a little bit light. Young all-star catchers are hard to come by and I would guess that the Jays would get a couple top 100 prospects up.

Right...and again, to be clear, I wasn't actually suggesting I thought that deal would get it done. I guess it's possible as every team has their own scouting reports, but I'd think they could get better value and players who offer more immediate returns and certainty at the big league level as they look like they're a legitimate contender as of now.