Brewer Fanatic

Article: The Case for Trea Turner in Brewer Gold

Kyle Ginsbach

53 minutes ago, torts said:

Fans have meltdowns looking at yelichs contract, imagine 2 years in the message board meltdowns turners contract would create.  

Why did I read this

I thought it was gonna take a turn...

I personally think Turang is similar to Turner...and THAT is where he was going. I thought it was a little misdirection. Could Turang be our Trea Turner(a similar type player, I'm not saying he's going to be as good). 

I didn't think it was just a "lets spend 35M a year to sign a player to replace our best player and one of our top prospects! Yeah...small market!"

53 minutes ago, torts said:

Fans have meltdowns looking at yelichs contract, imagine 2 years in the message board meltdowns turners contract would create.  

Why did I read this

I thought it was gonna take a turn...

I personally think Turang is similar to Turner...and THAT is where he was going. I thought it was a little misdirection. Could Turang be our Trea Turner(a similar type player, I'm not saying he's going to be as good). 

I didn't think it was just a "lets spend 35M a year to sign a player to replace our best player and one of our top prospects! Yeah...small market!"

7 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

There's no need to be nasty about it. Yes, Kyle is a Brewers fan.

And it's not unheard of to see the Brewers' colors referenced as either yellow or gold. I didn't even have to search for "brewers gold" and found this article from MLB itself that references gold a couple of times.

https://www.mlb.com/news/why-brewers-colors-blue-yellow

I know it's hard to find content. But maybe curate it a bit more?

7 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

And it's not unheard of to see the Brewers' colors referenced as either yellow or gold. I didn't even have to search for "brewers gold" and found this article from MLB itself that references gold a couple of times.

I know it's hard to find content. But maybe curate it a bit more?

It's hard to believe Kyle is a Brewers' fan. He has no clue about small market teams in MLB, especially Milwaukee.  He must be confusing the Brewes with the cubs, Dodgers, or Astros.  If Turner got the $35M contract, that would mean he and Yelich by themselves would be 45-50% of the Brewers entire payroll. It would make absolutely no sense. 

It's hard to believe Kyle is a Brewers' fan. He has no clue about small market teams in MLB, especially Milwaukee.  He must be confusing the Brewes with the cubs, Dodgers, or Astros.  If Turner got the $35M contract, that would mean he and Yelich by themselves would be 45-50% of the Brewers entire payroll. It would make absolutely no sense. 

19 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I have never, not once in my 50 years as a Brewer fan, seen anything refer to Brewer Gold.  It just isn't done.

Not sure what that article has to do with anything, yes yellow/gold is one of our colors, but no one considers yellow/gold as our main color.  Just a weird reference imo.

Carry on.

19 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I have never, not once in my 50 years as a Brewer fan, seen anything refer to Brewer Gold.  It just isn't done.

Not sure what that article has to do with anything, yes yellow/gold is one of our colors, but no one considers yellow/gold as our main color.  Just a weird reference imo.

Carry on.

26 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Carry on.

Come on. It's an innocuous, playful article that seeks to provoke discussion at an otherwise quiet point in the offseason. For someone who complains incessantly about condescending speak, you sure do have an interesting habit of actually being condescending towards others. Like, we're all Brewers fans here, and a single word in an offseason article should not be enough to question that. 

26 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Carry on.

Come on. It's an innocuous, playful article that seeks to provoke discussion at an otherwise quiet point in the offseason. For someone who complains incessantly about condescending speak, you sure do have an interesting habit of actually being condescending towards others. Like, we're all Brewers fans here, and a single word in an offseason article should not be enough to question that.