Brewer Fanatic

Article: Brewers Add Four Players to 40-Man Roster

Seth Stohs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Uribe's stuff is second to none for a reliever and he's literally just coming off a dominating performance in the AFL after being injured for essentially the whole season. No way he's making it through Rule 5 or waivers. 

Thanks for the information I only knew him from his stats 

2 hours ago, Brewcrew82 said:

Uribe's stuff is second to none for a reliever and he's literally just coming off a dominating performance in the AFL after being injured for essentially the whole season. No way he's making it through Rule 5 or waivers. 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1 minute ago, patrickgpe said:

Yeah, Uribe is as untouchable as it gets. You don't let a guy who regularly sits 98-99 and touches 101 with some nasty breaking stuff sit idly by while the Tampa Bay Rays find a way to scoop him up for their Big League roster. Uribe dominanced in the AFL: 0 runs allowed over six weeks with massive K numbers. What's more? I'm fairly certain he was working on a secondary fastball grip in Arizona too. I can't confirm this. I haven't seen it confirmed. BUT, I'm fairly certain he was working on multiple grips in Arizona. There's a lot in his toolkit and I would surmise he's adding to it.

1 minute ago, patrickgpe said:

Yeah, Uribe is as untouchable as it gets. You don't let a guy who regularly sits 98-99 and touches 101 with some nasty breaking stuff sit idly by while the Tampa Bay Rays find a way to scoop him up for their Big League roster. Uribe dominanced in the AFL: 0 runs allowed over six weeks with massive K numbers. What's more? I'm fairly certain he was working on a secondary fastball grip in Arizona too. I can't confirm this. I haven't seen it confirmed. BUT, I'm fairly certain he was working on multiple grips in Arizona. There's a lot in his toolkit and I would surmise he's adding to it.

Also, I said it all summer in my Minor League Reports:

Jon Singleton: really talented baseball player.

Did I think he'd be protected from the Rule 5 draft? Heck no. Am I disappointed? Absolutely not. Incredibly underrated defense and hands. Always a threat to go long off a righty. Always a threat to grab a free pass - he set the Sounds single season record for walks in 2022.

Cam Robinson scuffled and struggled some in his promotions to Double and Triple-A, respectively. BUT, let us not forget: when he is on he is very on. He did throw an immaculate inning in Nashville. It's fairly evident the Brewers know they have something here. Lively arm. Lotta violence in his delivery. Saves leader across all of Minor League baseball in 2022 so he is capable of handling big moments. I expect bigger and better things as he gets more experience.

I am saddened they didn't ensure Devanney's protection. Extremely underrated talent. If he gets nabbed, I'm going to be fairly bummed. He made my ritual nightly Brewers Minor League viewings (especially in Biloxi) more enjoyable. He has a bright future - I just hope it's with the Crew.

Also, I said it all summer in my Minor League Reports:

Jon Singleton: really talented baseball player.

Did I think he'd be protected from the Rule 5 draft? Heck no. Am I disappointed? Absolutely not. Incredibly underrated defense and hands. Always a threat to go long off a righty. Always a threat to grab a free pass - he set the Sounds single season record for walks in 2022.

Cam Robinson scuffled and struggled some in his promotions to Double and Triple-A, respectively. BUT, let us not forget: when he is on he is very on. He did throw an immaculate inning in Nashville. It's fairly evident the Brewers know they have something here. Lively arm. Lotta violence in his delivery. Saves leader across all of Minor League baseball in 2022 so he is capable of handling big moments. I expect bigger and better things as he gets more experience.

I am saddened they didn't ensure Devanney's protection. Extremely underrated talent. If he gets nabbed, I'm going to be fairly bummed. He made my ritual nightly Brewers Minor League viewings (especially in Biloxi) more enjoyable. He has a bright future - I just hope it's with the Crew.

38 minutes ago, DR28 said:

So Singleton hass already on 23 OD roster?? Uhh ok.

I think it is more of a hypothetical than anything else.  Also I don't see the Brewers playing in FA for a 1B or a DH.  I think the Brewers are going to go reliever heavy in FA.  

38 minutes ago, DR28 said:

So Singleton hass already on 23 OD roster?? Uhh ok.

I think it is more of a hypothetical than anything else.  Also I don't see the Brewers playing in FA for a 1B or a DH.  I think the Brewers are going to go reliever heavy in FA.  

Singleton provides some insurance in case the Brewers find a taker for Tellez in order to reduce payroll.  Other than that I think he is a AAAA type player.  Who knows, maybe they strike gold with him, but I think its highly unlikely.

I'm fairly confident Devanney will sneak through the draft but will be bummed if he gets picked.  I see him as a solid Utility player as a floor with an average starting 3B at peak.  That has a lot of value.

Singleton provides some insurance in case the Brewers find a taker for Tellez in order to reduce payroll.  Other than that I think he is a AAAA type player.  Who knows, maybe they strike gold with him, but I think its highly unlikely.

I'm fairly confident Devanney will sneak through the draft but will be bummed if he gets picked.  I see him as a solid Utility player as a floor with an average starting 3B at peak.  That has a lot of value.

12 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Does them not using the last 40 man slot suggest they hope to take someone?

Doubt it, they will sign more guys before Spring Training plus there will be more room on Friday as they won't be tendering a contract to all of their guys.

12 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Does them not using the last 40 man slot suggest they hope to take someone?

Doubt it, they will sign more guys before Spring Training plus there will be more room on Friday as they won't be tendering a contract to all of their guys.

3 hours ago, Joseph Zarr said:

It’s confirmed 

3 hours ago, Joseph Zarr said:

It’s confirmed