Brewer Fanatic

Article: Is Now the Right Time to Trade Corbin Burnes?

Tim Muma

32 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

BUT-If you think that is ridiculous(which I'd understand, but disagree with). Did you see Keith Law's top 50 Free Agent list?

Carlos Correa. Ok, 28 year old franchise SS, played and played well in several post-seasons.
Trea Turner #2...alright. Makes sense. He's older, relies on speed, not the defender.
#3 Dansby Swanson...

If you just read his top 3, you'd think he forgot about that guy in NY who just put up one of the top offensive seasons in MLB HISTORY. 
Lots of nonsense after that. 

Alright, that’s pretty funny. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

BUT-If you think that is ridiculous(which I'd understand, but disagree with). Did you see Keith Law's top 50 Free Agent list?

Carlos Correa. Ok, 28 year old franchise SS, played and played well in several post-seasons.
Trea Turner #2...alright. Makes sense. He's older, relies on speed, not the defender.
#3 Dansby Swanson...

If you just read his top 3, you'd think he forgot about that guy in NY who just put up one of the top offensive seasons in MLB HISTORY. 
Lots of nonsense after that. 

57 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Honestly...the only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription is laziness. 

Nobody covers the Brewers...so they use Will Sammon because he used to and kinda knows. 

Jim Bowden is employed there(that really is in and of itself reason enough). 

Keith Law is empl....just swap his name out in the last sentence. 

It used to actually be insightful. 

57 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Nobody covers the Brewers...so they use Will Sammon because he used to and kinda knows. 

3 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

Yeah, I wonder what their plan is for the Brewers. It will be REALLY disappointing if they don’t have a dedicated Brewers writer by the time pitchers and catchers report. 

3 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

Yeah, I wonder what their plan is for the Brewers. It will be REALLY disappointing if they don’t have a dedicated Brewers writer by the time pitchers and catchers report. 

1 hour ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

So, about that Edwin Diaz contract estimate…

I really wish we could add a 0 to Mark Attanasio's net worth....and then double that. 

Imagine a 300M payroll? 

This is stupid money for a closer, but...ya just knew Cohen was going to pay it. What other team do you think would pay 100M for a closer? Even a...insanely good one?

1 hour ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

So, about that Edwin Diaz contract estimate…

I really wish we could add a 0 to Mark Attanasio's net worth....and then double that. 

Imagine a 300M payroll? 

This is stupid money for a closer, but...ya just knew Cohen was going to pay it. What other team do you think would pay 100M for a closer? Even a...insanely good one?

10 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

Imagine a 300M payroll? 

Yeah, this is the kind of deal you make when you're playing with silly money.

10 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

Imagine a 300M payroll? 

Yeah, this is the kind of deal you make when you're playing with silly money.

On 11/6/2022 at 2:27 AM, Robocaller said:

Your logic only works if every player went year-to-year with their contracts. And even then, pretty poorly, as many teams would be fine with a one-year overpay.
So, I guess it doesn't work at all.

The vast majority of players DO go year-to-year with their contracts.  It's only after they reach free agency do they not.

Your logic only works if every player went year-to-year with their contracts. And even then, pretty poorly, as many teams would be fine with a one-year overpay.

The vast majority of players DO go year-to-year with their contracts.  It's only after they reach free agency do they not.

It works with every team in baseball.  A lot can happen in two years.  It makes zero sense to sign a player for the maximum they could possibly make years before they could make it.

Again, the players gives up some money in exchange for the security of earning close to what they would earn in the future.  That's the whole point in buying out free agent seasons.  The player takes 80% or so of what they will possibly make because, again, a lot can happen in the future.  80% now is better than 0% if they suffer a career ending injury. 

It works with every team in baseball.  A lot can happen in two years.  It makes zero sense to sign a player for the maximum they could possibly make years before they could make it.

Again, the players gives up some money in exchange for the security of earning close to what they would earn in the future.  That's the whole point in buying out free agent seasons.  The player takes 80% or so of what they will possibly make because, again, a lot can happen in the future.  80% now is better than 0% if they suffer a career ending injury.