Brewer Fanatic

Article: Is Now the Right Time to Trade Corbin Burnes?

Tim Muma

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
12 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Burnes' CY was announced LESS than ONE year ago. So you're just wrong. It is great that you're so brave to make a big deal out of this. There is a mathematical convention for the "timing of things during a year," and your belief is not consistent with that. So, admit your mistake and move on. Be a better man.

I am sorry, but you made a mocking statement about it ("the author thinks...), but I am making a big deal about it? I just responded to you.

And for the record, that is why I said he won it 2 SEASONS ago, not years. Again, I view the 2022 Brewers' SEASON over.

Also, to say "Be a better man" is quite condescending as well. I'm all good, man. I hope everything is ok with you to feel the need to go there 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
12 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Burnes' CY was announced LESS than ONE year ago. So you're just wrong. It is great that you're so brave to make a big deal out of this. There is a mathematical convention for the "timing of things during a year," and your belief is not consistent with that. So, admit your mistake and move on. Be a better man.

I am sorry, but you made a mocking statement about it ("the author thinks...), but I am making a big deal about it? I just responded to you.

And for the record, that is why I said he won it 2 SEASONS ago, not years. Again, I view the 2022 Brewers' SEASON over.

Also, to say "Be a better man" is quite condescending as well. I'm all good, man. I hope everything is ok with you to feel the need to go there 

2 hours ago, UpandIn said:

Gerrit Cole's deal is one deal and an aberration.

It's not. Maybe Burnes doesn't get a nine year deal but if he enters free agency healthy, he's looking at a $300m deal easily.

MLB contracts only escalate. Corbin Burnes is the best pitcher in baseball. If he enters free agency, or even comes close to it, he will receive a $300m deal.

Do you think the Dodgers or Mets care if he's worth $40m in 2030?

2 hours ago, UpandIn said:

Gerrit Cole's deal is one deal and an aberration.

It's not. Maybe Burnes doesn't get a nine year deal but if he enters free agency healthy, he's looking at a $300m deal easily.

MLB contracts only escalate. Corbin Burnes is the best pitcher in baseball. If he enters free agency, or even comes close to it, he will receive a $300m deal.

24 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Is he measuring in YEARS or in SEASONS?

Now if it wasn't last season...it would have to be the season before? Hence he won a Cy Young two SEASONS ago. 

And he's not the one who made a big deal of this. You're the one who's nit picking the most benign things. 

24 minutes ago, Robocaller said:

Now if it wasn't last season...it would have to be the season before? Hence he won a Cy Young two SEASONS ago. 

And he's not the one who made a big deal of this. You're the one who's nit picking the most benign things. 

5 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

accuracy is important to avoid miscommunication. Part of my religion. As recently as yesterday I thanked someone for correcting me (I thought the Angels' Quero was brother to our Quero). 

Life is a continual improvement process for me.

5 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

accuracy is important to avoid miscommunication. Part of my religion. As recently as yesterday I thanked someone for correcting me (I thought the Angels' Quero was brother to our Quero). 

6 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

It really is though. What other pitcher has gotten 9 years and 300M?

In fact, I don't think a pitcher has gotten 7 in the last couple years. 

They're usually 5 or 6 years now. 

And I do not agree Burnes is the best pitcher in baseball. deGrom is the best pitcher in baseball and I don't think it's particularly close. After him there are a number of pitchers you could argue are better than Burnes(Wheeler being one, Scherzer...Verlander among them). 

6 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

It really is though. What other pitcher has gotten 9 years and 300M?

In fact, I don't think a pitcher has gotten 7 in the last couple years. 

They're usually 5 or 6 years now. 

And I do not agree Burnes is the best pitcher in baseball. deGrom is the best pitcher in baseball and I don't think it's particularly close. After him there are a number of pitchers you could argue are better than Burnes(Wheeler being one, Scherzer...Verlander among them). 

1 minute ago, Robocaller said:

And just 5 minutes ago you were arguing if the 2021 season was last season or two seasons ago. 

Seems to me you're enjoy arguing pointless issues while willfully ignoring the very clear point being made and in doing so, sidetrack a discussion. 

1 minute ago, Robocaller said:

And just 5 minutes ago you were arguing if the 2021 season was last season or two seasons ago. 

Seems to me you're enjoy arguing pointless issues while willfully ignoring the very clear point being made and in doing so, sidetrack a discussion.