Brewer Fanatic

Article: Young Third Basemen the Brewers Should Target in a Trade

Tim Muma

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Robocaller said:

You don't see the flaw in that sentence?

No, I do not. 

I'll try and do this one more time and if it doesn't hit, it's just not going to.

Moving Urias from 3B to 2B is a significant upgrade defensively. 
Moving Adames from SS to 3B is a significant upgrade defensively.
Sliding in Turang at SS in place of Adames MAY be a slight downgrade defensively. 

So no, I don't see a "flaw" in that sentence. 

The cumulative impact of the moves makes your IF defense better as a whole. 

Now...disagree...fine. But if you want to keep playing dumb and pretending you can't at least wrap your head around the argument I'm making...well, then I can't help you and it feels like you're being willfully obtuse at that point. 

6 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

No, I do not. 

I'll try and do this one more time and if it doesn't hit, it's just not going to.

Moving Urias from 3B to 2B is a significant upgrade defensively. 
Moving Adames from SS to 3B is a significant upgrade defensively.
Sliding in Turang at SS in place of Adames MAY be a slight downgrade defensively. 

So no, I don't see a "flaw" in that sentence. 

The cumulative impact of the moves makes your IF defense better as a whole. 

Now...disagree...fine. But if you want to keep playing dumb and pretending you can't at least wrap your head around the argument I'm making...well, then I can't help you and it feels like you're being willfully obtuse at that point. 

So, some defensive measures have Urias better at 3B and some at 2B, so "significant upgrade" is misleading, at best.

Let's say there is a significant benefit to moving Urias to 2B (there probably isn't), there's still no reason why Turang should displace Adames. At least Turang played 66 innings at 3B last year. The last time Adames played 3B he was 17 years old in the Dominican League.