Brewer Fanatic

Stearns End-of-Season Press Conference

Brewcrew82

Would have been nice if someone asked Stearns if he plans on being in Milwaukee long term because he really should either get extended or leave this offseason. Sorry if I am alone on this but a lame duck executive should not be leading this franchise. Don't get me wrong I want him to stay but I do not want him handling the future of a franchise he plans on leaving after next season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wibadgers23 said:

The big question is who they consider to be the "core."  It's hard to imagine them bringing back virtually the same team.  Not going to happen so this is mostly GM speak as usual with Stearns.

I take "core" to mean Burnes, Woodruff, Adames, Williams etc. 

11 hours ago, wibadgers23 said:

The big question is who they consider to be the "core."  It's hard to imagine them bringing back virtually the same team.  Not going to happen so this is mostly GM speak as usual with Stearns.

It's right that you have "core" in quotes, because it's kinda "core for this year."  Burnes, Woodruff, Lauer, and Adames might all be "core" at the start of 2023, and gone by the end of the season.

14 hours ago, wibadgers23 said:

Feels like it's pretty clearly gotta be their two TOR pitchers and their young SS, then players with several years left like Peralta and Ashby. I guess Yelich would be part of that group, but that's hardly by choice at this point. Williams. Feels like that's about it. 

You assume Renfroe(little trade value and a good RHed hitter on what's going to be a LHed heavy team).