Brewer Fanatic

Bucks 2022-2023 Season Thread

areacodes

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Squeaking one out against Boston without 4 starters was a bit annoying.  But they had several guys go off and have huge unexpected games, too.  

8 hours ago, sveumrules said:

Jrue going off for 40 on 8/12 from three plus a big steal/dunk (that I thought should’ve been an And1 too) down the stretch was prolly his best game of the year.

Yeah, I was wondering about how that wasn't a foul on White.  He came from behind, didn't get near the basketball and clearly hit him across the body while in mid air. A little harder and he could've easily taken Jrue's feet out from underneath and causing him to land hard.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CheezWizHed said:

Yeah, I was wondering about how that wasn't a foul on White.  He came from behind, didn't get near the basketball and clearly hit him across the body while in mid air. A little harder and he could've easily taken Jrue's feet out from underneath and causing him to land hard.  

Seems like Jrue’s whistle suffers somewhat because he just plays basketball instead of haranguing the officials up and down the court all game like lotsa guys do.

Even through contact dude is just unfazed, so I think the refs swallow it cuz they assumed nothing happened and he isn’t flailing around like one of those used car lot wind dancers.

• Like 2

Community Moderator
13 hours ago, adambr2 said:

Is it encouraging that the Bucks just took out the #1 seed defending EC champs in a huge game, or discouraging that it took OT at home against their B team to do it?

They've been on cruise control on this winning streak. It's not like they are truly dominating anyone, they are going through the motions for 3+ quarters before putting inferior teams away with a quick burst in the 4th. Typical NBA regular season stuff. 

Last night they almost got caught not doing enough to win, but they pulled it out and treated the fans to some fun basketball. Hard to complain. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, owbc said:

They've been on cruise control on this winning streak. It's not like they are truly dominating anyone, they are going through the motions for 3+ quarters before putting inferior teams away with a quick burst in the 4th. Typical NBA regular season stuff. 

Last night they almost got caught not doing enough to win, but they pulled it out and treated the fans to some fun basketball. Hard to complain. 

Yes, I was having the same thought.  They don't look like they are trying that hard but they are still winning regularly.  Obviously, they need some time to get Mids back in the flow fully and JC back in shape and fitting into the team, but you hope this is them on cruise control rather than their "new norm".  

I'm still quite curious what the Buckaroos decide to do for their last two roster spots post-Trade Deadline. Do they pick up a vet PG alá Patrick Beverly? Do they pick up a wing or a fringe Big (now that Ibaka was jettisoned to Indy)? OR do they leave a spot open, elevate Mamu to the roster, and pick-up a new two-way player? 

I come to this site as my primary Brewers discussion forum. I like the people on this board as much as the dialogue.

I also enjoy these additional “other” forums - Bucks, Badgers, Packers. I’m curious where all of you go for deeper dialogue for these other teams - Bucks, Badgers, Packers.  

What are the best online forums for these other teams? Be sure to include a web link.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, edfunderburk said:

I come to this site as my primary Brewers discussion forum. I like the people on this board as much as the dialogue.

I also enjoy these additional “other” forums - Bucks, Badgers, Packers. I’m curious where all of you go for deeper dialogue for these other teams - Bucks, Badgers, Packers.  

What are the best online forums for these other teams? Be sure to include a web link.  

Bucks RealGM board is a good read. Pretty sure things like Bag Night during the Kohl era and the Winning Takes Balls billboard originated over there. Lots of knowledgeable diehards that have been through the thick and thin posting for like 20 years now.  

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, edfunderburk said:

I’m no badger fan so I can’t help you there, but I rely on acme packing  company and brewhoop for bucks and packers discussion 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, edfunderburk said:

How about Marquette (Men’s) Basketball? Is there a good forum?

Forums have mostly died since reddit has come along.  Younger people prefer reddit over forums.  I am going to assume the age range for this forum and ones like it are in the 35+ range.  Forums have gone the mIRC route and are dying as the user base has died off. 

For Marquette I haven't visited this board in forever but they are decent: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?board=2.0

On 2/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, RedStickBrew said:

Has anyone come across any Bobby Portis news and when he is likely to return?  I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of this team at full strength and with the Crowder and Leonard additions.

Sounds like he'll play Friday.

• Like 1
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

44 minutes ago, areacodes said:

Giannis is playing.  This team is going to be lots of fun as they keep getting healthy.

ETA: he literally left the floor as I made this post.

Can't believe you jinxed Giannis like that.  

The best thing about all this depth is giving Holliday, Giannis, and Lopez, who have logged big minutes so far this year, a little breather going into the playoffs.

4 hours ago, HarryDoyle said:

Surprising win to me between Giannis leaving early and Miami being a thorn in the Bucks side. Maybe it's me but Miami seems to be a bad matchup for the Bucks. I wouldn't want to see them in the playoffs.

Meh. We dispatched them pretty easily the last time we met in the playoffs. And they're a much worse team now.