Brewer Fanatic

Bucks 2022-2023 Season Thread

areacodes

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

They can easily get 2nd round picks in a future deal if they want to.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Just now, homer said:

They can easily get 2nd round picks in a future deal if they want to.

Trading 2nd round picks in the NBA is the equivalent of trading 6th or 7th round picks in the NFL.  I am not all that worried about losing 2nd round picks.  Majority of the time the players taken in the 2nd round depending on where they are picked don't even see minor minutes.  Best case scenario you get a rotational piece maybe in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

Does Crowder have anything left? Serious question for anyone who may have seen him play this year.  I don't dislike the acquisition, we have had some success with defense/veteran/culture acquisitions at the deadline and others have fallen on their face. 

Ibaka was our big one last year and to say he looked completely washed would be far too kind of a statement.

32 minutes ago, adambr2 said:

Does Crowder have anything left? Serious question for anyone who may have seen him play this year.  I don't dislike the acquisition, we have had some success with defense/veteran/culture acquisitions at the deadline and others have fallen on their face. 

Ibaka was our big one last year and to say he looked completely washed would be far too kind of a statement.

Crowder hasn't played at all this year so he should be pretty fresh once he shakes the rust off.

18 minutes ago, reillymcshane said:

Crowder is nice to have. 5 2nds seems pretty steep for the guy, however. I know second round picks aren't that valuable, but they are nice things to have in trades. Oh well, whatever works to get us another championship.

The biggest issue is that the bucks are running out of assets to trade in the offseason or 2024 trade deadline. GP2 was also just traded for 5 2nds. Its crazy how little GMs care about 2nd rounders. 

Tucker was the perfect fit for the Bucks.  Played D on almost anyone and on offense, was an excellent 3pt shooter that barely left 3pt land... so it let the rest of the team play 4 on 4, which opens things for Giannis.  Crowder isn't the 3pt shooter that Tucker is (not on average anyway).  It will be interesting.  Lots of interesting names on the potential buyout list...maybe more interesting than I thought. 

18 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

Tucker was the perfect fit for the Bucks.  Played D on almost anyone and on offense, was an excellent 3pt shooter that barely left 3pt land... so it let the rest of the team play 4 on 4, which opens things for Giannis.  Crowder isn't the 3pt shooter that Tucker is (not on average anyway).  It will be interesting.  Lots of interesting names on the potential buyout list...maybe more interesting than I thought. 

I think you are romanticizing Tucker's offense quite a bit. He shot less than two threes a game for the Bucks. He was an enforcer that you couldn't quite leave unguarded because he could definitely shoot, which is worth something and yes, he was a perfect fit for the Bucks. 

Compared to Crowder their career 3P% is separated by a percentage point or two, with Crowder taking a much higher volume of shots, basically six a game for the last 7 years. He is without a doubt a superior overall offensive player to Tucker. 

He has the same hustle, enforcer reputation defensively, thought admittedly probably isn't quite as good as Tucker was there. But he's probably going to play the exact same role. Stand around and take open 3s and not back down against the opposing team's best weapon. I think he is a very, very good fit for the team.

Bucks played three mostly blah quarters last night, but a dominant 38-23 Q3 was enough to get them that 9th straight W, matching their season opening win streak.

Back to back tonight against LAC going for #10. Haven’t had a B2B on the schedule since Khris came back so wouldn’t be surprised if he sits this one out.

Really liking where the roster currently stands after the deadline with a couple open spots still for buy out guys…

Jrue | Jevon | Green (TW)
Grayson | Pat | Wes
Khris | Jingles | MarJon
Giannis | Jae | Thanasis
Brook | Bobby | Sandro (TW)

Pretty much just gonna come down to health from here.

On 2/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, nate82 said:

Quick edit:

Bucks receive: 

Jae Crowder

Nets receive: 

Five second-round picks

Pacers receive: 

Jordan Nwora

Two second-round picks

Not correct.  Nets receive two 2nd round picks from the Bucks (2028 & 2029) plus draft rights to guard Juan Pablo Vaulet from the Pacers.

Pacers get three 2nds from the Bucks plus Nwora, Hill, and Ibaka.

22 hours ago, HarryDoyle said:

Apparently the Cleveland Browns owners Haslams are in talks with the Bucks to buy a 25% minority share in the team. I have no idea why Lasry would even consider selling to them.

I saw some talk on twitter that Lasry has been interested in cutting spending. No idea if that's accurate or not. There have been rumors for a couple of months now that he may sell he stake... he might just be cashing out?

Ultimately I don't really care who owns the team as long as they keep ponying up on payroll and do everything they can to keep Giannis in Milwaukee. 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:41 AM, OldSchoolSnapper said:

I think you are romanticizing Tucker's offense quite a bit. He shot less than two threes a game for the Bucks. He was an enforcer that you couldn't quite leave unguarded because he could definitely shoot, which is worth something and yes, he was a perfect fit for the Bucks. 

Compared to Crowder their career 3P% is separated by a percentage point or two, with Crowder taking a much higher volume of shots, basically six a game for the last 7 years. He is without a doubt a superior overall offensive player to Tucker. 

He has the same hustle, enforcer reputation defensively, thought admittedly probably isn't quite as good as Tucker was there. But he's probably going to play the exact same role. Stand around and take open 3s and not back down against the opposing team's best weapon. I think he is a very, very good fit for the team.

I'm not sure how I romaticized it... You basically described the same thing.  He sat out at the 3pt land and shot well enough to keep someone had to stay out with him.  He didn't need the ball in his hands and made room for GIannis by keeping one defender from collapsing or capitolizing when they did. 

I never said he was better offensively than Crowder...but he plays more in the same space as Giannis.  Thus, Tucker being the better fit.  Tucker's 39% 3pt range might only be better than Crowder by 4%, but his offense as a whole is different. 

I still think it is an interesting fit.  He can D-up Tatum and other wings.  Would be interesting if we meet Phoenix in the finals...

On 2/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, sveumrules said:

Bucks played three mostly blah quarters last night, but a dominant 38-23 Q3 was enough to get them that 9th straight W, matching their season opening win streak.

Back to back tonight against LAC going for #10. Haven’t had a B2B on the schedule since Khris came back so wouldn’t be surprised if he sits this one out.

Really liking where the roster currently stands after the deadline with a couple open spots still for buy out guys…

Jrue | Jevon | Green (TW)
Grayson | Pat | Wes
Khris | Jingles | MarJon
Giannis | Jae | Thanasis
Brook | Bobby | Sandro (TW)

Pretty much just gonna come down to health from here.

Here's the big thing. Get healthy. Stay healthy. Losing Middleton last year was tough. If this team is healthy come playoff time, it's got a great chance to go all the way again.

• Like 1

Getting Portis back is key.  Then picking up a C and a PG/SG from the buyout market.  They don't even need to be big minutes bench players either just someone in case of an emergency who can fill in to give some minutes off the bench. 

2 hours ago, adambr2 said:

Is it encouraging that the Bucks just took out the #1 seed defending EC champs in a huge game, or discouraging that it took OT at home against their B team to do it?

Would have been nice to win more convincingly for sure, but also would have had them in regulation if that prayer from Hauser didn’t drop, or Giannis didn’t go 11/19 from the line.

Jrue going off for 40 on 8/12 from three plus a big steal/dunk (that I thought should’ve been an And1 too) down the stretch was prolly his best game of the year.

I’ll take an 11 game winning streak any way it comes, but to do it with Bobby out & Khris still coming off the bench on a 25 minute limit makes it a lil more impressive for me.