Brewer Fanatic

Sat. 10/1 - Sounds Play for Int'l. League Title and Spot in AAA Championship Sunday

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
11 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

Is Feliciano hurt? If not it’s pretty telling that he isn’t starting in the championship game.

I think we’re just going with our veterans and top defensive players – Jonathan Davis in center field (over Frelick/Ruiz), Patrick Dorrian at third base (over Devanney), Brian Navarreto at catcher (over Feliciano and Severino). The most difficult decision was probably Frelick vs. Ruiz for left field.

Wisconsin native Caleb Boushley (12-2) gets the start for Nashville against Rays' AAA affiliate Durham in the International League Championship Game, played in Las Vegas. LF Sal Frelick carries his 41-game on-base streak into the contest, though I’m guessing these stats won’t count in their season totals (we’ll see!). Let’s go Sounds!!!

A victory would put Nashville into tomorrow’s final against old friend Jake Hager and the Reno Aces.

57 minutes ago, markedman5 said:

Is Feliciano hurt? If not it’s pretty telling that he isn’t starting in the championship game.

Feliciano has 14 passed balls in 64 games in Nashville and has a caught stealing rate of 14.8% which is 7 percentage points below the league average. I had talked about this earlier this week and said I expected Navarreto   behind the plate because his defense is much better back there than Feliciano and Severino. 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just a brief follow-up, trailing 6-5 in the top of the 9th inning the Durham Bulls pulled out a five spot and closed out a late Championship victory 10-6. 

Big Congrats to the Bulls and the Rays who continue to show excellence in Triple-A and at the MLB level. Heck if an organization.