Brewer Fanatic

The Rotation (from here through the World Series)

rickh150

Right now, Woody is pitching Monday and probably Game 2 of NLWC on Sat.

Burnes would be slated for last day of season. If the team has it wrapped up by then (fairly unlikely), he can go Game 1 of NLWC on Friday.

The big question is if it is wise to set Burnes on Wednesday, knowing then that he likely would not throw ANY starts against St. Louis, accurately assuming he is not pitching on three days rest since he was healthy and said no mas last year in the NLDS. 

The other big question is if Peralta is starting Sunday or Tuesday. If not, will he pitch out of the pen throughout the last few games? Would he then start Game 1 in the NLWC on Friday?

It sure would be nice if Ashby pitches well today.  In past years it would be a no-brainer to do whatever they needed to do to get in the playoffs and then worry about what to do with the staff when they get there. 

This year, I'm not sure if losing in the WC round is any better than missing the playoffs by a game or two (particularly with all 3 games being on the road) thus I might hold back Burnes if they have a 1 game lead on Wednesday morning.  If they had a decent option to start OTHER than the big 3 then it would be easier to go with Burnes, but I don't want to go into a 3 game series starting Ashby/Houser/Peralta in game one.

If AA throws a gem tonight perhaps I'll change my tune.

Hopefully they have a 2 game lead on Wednesday...

1 hour ago, HarryDoyle said:

Through the World Series??? LOL. 

Does anyone really want to see this undeserving team in the playoffs only to get smacked around by the Cardinals, thus writing another chapter to their novel "How we made the Brewers our bi***"?

This post is really uncalled for. God forbid someone still have some hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

I'm sure the OP is a big boy and can take it. My post isn't any more negative compared to what is posted on here daily and they don't get attacked by people who get their panties in a bunch. This is not some "get hot at the right time" team. They are simply not very good.

1 hour ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

Dude, have you been watching this team?  He's right, watching this team in the playoffs would be brutal.  They aren't going to turn on some magic switch and suddenly start playing like champions.  It would be pure hell to watch this team try and compete with teams that are deserving to be there.

It's a bit of an over exaggeration to say that post was uncalled for.

6 minutes ago, Hopper said:

Dude, have you been watching this team?  He's right, watching this team in the playoffs would be brutal.  They aren't going to turn on some magic switch and suddenly start playing like champions.  It would be pure hell to watch this team try and compete with teams that are deserving to be there.

It's a bit of an over exaggeration to say that post was uncalled for.

The OP was not asking for anyone's opinion on whether this team was deserving on a playoff spot, or about whether they'd be smacked around by the Cardinals. He was asking about a potential playoff rotation, which is still mathematically in play. So yes, it was completely uncalled for, and frankly, off topic.

This team hasn't been a lot of fun to watch this year, But until the season is officially over, there are plenty of fans out there that will continue to hope for the best.

16 minutes ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

The OP was not asking for anyone's opinion on whether this team was deserving on a playoff spot, or about whether they'd be smacked around by the Cardinals. He was asking about a potential playoff rotation, which is still mathematically in play. So yes, it was completely uncalled for, and frankly, off topic.

This team hasn't been a lot of fun to watch this year, But until the season is officially over, there are plenty of fans out there that will continue to hope for the best.

c'mon.

Wow.  I always thought Wisconsin fans were a little more realistic and loyal than Yankees fans, but I guess not.  Like, multiple posters here honestly said they would rather see the Brewers lose because they don't "deserve" to win.  Like, why are you a fan and why are you even ON a fan message board, let alone POSTING on a fan message board?  It's really weird to me.  All I figure is that if you that same way in real life, the only place you have left is a message board.  Until you are banned.

News for you-- Hopefully the Brewers have better teams than this one, teams that are even good enough to win a WS...but they will never have the best team in the league.  It's gunna take some luck to win no matter what.

Also, I apologize for taking the troll bait.

• Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1