Brewer Fanatic

Article: Brewers' Decision on Wong's 2023 Contract Option Looms Large

Tim Muma

Pick up the option, plan to have him as your everyday 2B until we see what Turang can do at the MLB level.

Picking him up to trade him is too risky.  Either he is part of our plans or he isn't.  Last thing we can afford to do is pick up his option with the intention of trading him, then have no interested teams.

Pick up the option, plan to have him as your everyday 2B until we see what Turang can do at the MLB level.

Picking him up to trade him is too risky.  Either he is part of our plans or he isn't.  Last thing we can afford to do is pick up his option with the intention of trading him, then have no interested teams.

10 hours ago, Hopper said:

Picking up his option to trade him should be a possibility but it shouldn't be the go-to plan. You keep the guy with the expectation he will be on the Opening Day roster and if you're able to move him during the offseason (if that's what you want to do at all), good for you.

10 hours ago, Hopper said:

Picking up his option to trade him should be a possibility but it shouldn't be the go-to plan. You keep the guy with the expectation he will be on the Opening Day roster and if you're able to move him during the offseason (if that's what you want to do at all), good for you.

No decision yet and I have gone back and forth but I think they pick it up. They could trade him and think there would be interest. He has been a 2.5-3.0 WAR player during his time here and has earned what they have paid him thus far. Would certainly take one more season of that. I believe no shift will improve his defensive numbers as well.

No decision yet and I have gone back and forth but I think they pick it up. They could trade him and think there would be interest. He has been a 2.5-3.0 WAR player during his time here and has earned what they have paid him thus far. Would certainly take one more season of that. I believe no shift will improve his defensive numbers as well.