Brewer Fanatic

Mon. 9/19 - And Then There Was One

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1 hour ago, wibadgers23 said:

Nashville’s magic number to clinch the division is 7 and they are facing one of the worst teams in all of AAA this week. I’m liking their chances of getting this thing done.

The Sounds did underperform and get spanked around some in Charlotte two series ago. Any series can bring problems. I would like to think you are correct but, regardless of record, Louisville tends to give the Sounds fits. Thankfully, Columbus is playing the Mud Hens - if the Sounds take care of business like they can (and arguably should) they ‘should’ wash each other out with both having significant things to play for. Toledo has been on a tear and now only trail Columbus by a 0.5 game and the Sounds by 5.

1 hour ago, Joseph Zarr said:

The Sounds did underperform and get spanked around some in Charlotte two series ago. Any series can bring problems. I would like to think you are correct but, regardless of record, Louisville tends to give the Sounds fits. Thankfully, Columbus is playing the Mud Hens - if the Sounds take care of business like they can (and arguably should) they ‘should’ wash each other out with both having significant things to play for. Toledo has been on a tear and now only trail Columbus by a 0.5 game and the Sounds by 5.

Yeah I definitely knocked on wood as I typed that out. :)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's time for Monday night AAA baseball, with Nashville (aka The Best Team Outside the Majors) spending this week in Louisville against the Reds' affiliate. 24-year old RHP Victor Castaneda makes his 2nd AAA start of the year (6 IP, 3 R, 2 Ks in last game). CF Esteury Ruiz has hit safely in 7 of his last 8 games, with 14 hits, 3 homers and 9 stolen bases in this span of play:

1 - Sal Frelick - LF
2 - Esteury Ruiz - CF
3 - Brice Turang - SS
4 - Jon Singleton - 1B
5 - Pedro Severino - C
6 - Patrick Dorrian - 2B
7 - Cam Devanney - DH
8 - Weston Wilson - 3B
9 - Matt Lipka - RF
X - Victor Castaneda - P  

18 minutes ago, RedStickBrew said:

Is Wiemer injured?  Hasn’t been in the line up the last couple days has he?

There was a late lineup change on Saturday or Friday (can't remember which) that moved Wiemer from RF to DH. I'm guessing it's just something minor going on for him right now.

2 minutes ago, wiguy94 said:

There was a late lineup change on Saturday or Friday (can't remember which) that moved Wiemer from RF to DH. I'm guessing it's just something minor going on for him right now.

Last game they have him playing, the 17th, the box score says RF. I don't know if the MiLB Box Score doesn't reflect that. 

1 hour ago, RedStickBrew said:

Hard not to be impressed with Ruiz and his mid .900s OPS. He’s been better than I expected in Nashville. Of course his season totals are crazy good

One thing I have loved about Ruiz is how good he is at bunting...like he seriously is one of the best bunters I have ever seen. Such a nice wrinkle that isn't very prevalent in the game anymore.

• Like 1