Brewer Fanatic

Best of luck to Keston Hiura next season...

Hopper

I honestly hope the pirates sign him and he haunts us.  Did he Pull a Chris jackie or mark chumura? is he not”gritty”? the whole situation with how visibly he has improved through spring training and even moreso during this season and is seen as trash is just weird.  

• Like 3
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

1 hour ago, Axman59 said:

I've lost confidence in the Brewers "leadership."

At this point I'd like to see Counsell and Stearns move on. They had a decent run but I have no confidence they can deliver a championship.

Tough crowd that doesn't seem to remember the state of the Milwaukee Brewers during the turn of the century....Woe to Stearns and Counsell for bringing us 4 straight (5?) postseason appearances and by far the greatest run of success in our history. Oh, that's right I forgot, Stearns got "fleeced" in the Hader trade. Fire him immediately! 

• Like 7

It is just so hard to believe that CC hasn't found a single opportunity to get him even one at bat since September 9th. 

Seriously, that doesn't stand out to people as being odd?

He hasn't made a plate appearance in 9 freaking days.

That is more than being in a dog house, that is banishment!

I'm sure he can't wait for this season to be done, and is probably praying to be traded to anyone, ANYONE at all who might give him an actual chance.  

This is disgusting, and I'd love to hear CC justify why he has been ghosted for the last 9 days, but of course, no one in the media dares ask a question like that.

Frustrating.

• Like 1

I have long been a CC fan, but I cannot understand his ridiculous reasoning for not playing Hiura. Since the 8th of Sept Hiura has exactly 6 ABs.  McCutchon in the same period is 3 for 29 with 13 Ks.  I can't see any way McCutchon is a Brewer next year, so why play him when he's clearly slumping very badly? Hiura should finish out the season as the DH and fill in for Rowdy at times. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JRob1125 said:

Not playing Hiura is stupid at this point. How is he any worse than the rest if this all power/no contact/no OBP lineup?

Haha, he’s in there today.

No doubt Hiura has brought  right handed power in a small sample this year. However, there obviously is something about Keston’s game that trumps the right handed power in the eyes of the manager. Shame on the media for not asking what it is. 

The answer isn’t criticizing the manager for being dumb or not reading a stat sheet, both of which are simplistic lazy criticisms. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jopal78 said:

0 for 5 today with 3Ks and 6 left on base for what it’s worth. 

...and hasn't had a major league at bat since September 9th.  Not having an at bat for 9 days, then having to face Cole?  lol

Yeah, way to set him up for success.

It's asinine how he is being handled by management.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hopper said:

...and hasn't had a major league at bat since September 9th.  Not having an at bat for 9 days, then having to face Cole?  lol

Yeah, way to set him up for success.

It's asinine how he is being handled by management.

You can make every excuse you want for him, but he's still got to produce as a professional. He was given an opportunity to start every game for 2 weeks recently and he did nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

You can make every excuse you want for him, but he's still got to produce as a professional. He was given an opportunity to start every game for 2 weeks recently and he did nothing. 

So two weeks is our sample size to determine if a guy can hit?

How sad is that?

How has Rowdy hit since those 2 weeks began?  Maybe he should be benched too then going by that line of thought.  (yes, I understand Rowdy had a couple of dingers last Sunday)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brewcrew82 said:

I'm surprised more people don't acknowledge this. He played basically every game from 8/17 to 9/9 and had a 103 wRC+ with a 37% K-rate. The last 10 days of that 3 week stretch of playing he had a 45 wRC+ with with a 39% K-rate. Seemingly every time he is thrown into more playing time he begins to struggle.

people can tear apart any 2-3 game grouping of Hiura's  MLB 2022 statline to fit their predetermined narrative - because his playing time is so damn uneven.  

He strikes out a ton and goes through multiple game stretches where he struggles to make contact - so does just about everyone across MLB.  He simply has not been given a fair shake and consistent opportunity to settle into a role with the Brewers, and it's not because other players are hitting much better.

Hiura got today's start because McCutcheon probably needed a day off (his last 28 days he's hitting 0.180 with a sub- .575 OPS....pitcher level hitting from our now everyday DH!!) - Hiura got thrown in the fire to face a guy throwing 100mph consistently after not getting an at bat for over a week.  He's simply not put in a position where it'd be a shock if he didn't K 3 times with that type of playing time.  Now I'm sure he's headed back to the bench despite his season-long #'s continuing to indicate he's one of the 9 best bats on this roster to be in the lineup most of the time.

• Like 2

As per the title of the thread, I think the most likely scenario is Hiura returns next season because McCutchen will be gone, and any potential production we get out of Hiura will be greater than what his trade value would be.

The caveat is that he's included in a trade involving multiple players.

If he's traded, I won't be pulling for him simply because he won't be playing for the Brewers.

• Like 1

Counsell knew he was setting Keston up to fail facing one of the best pitchers in baseball. Now that he had a struggle he can go back to his favorite player McCutchen the rest of the season. 

This idea that McCutchen is out after this season is way off base and I would expect him back if Counsell decides to return himself which I think is a question at this point. For some reason the same one or two guys love to rip on Hiura who I still believe has the highest OPS against right handed pitching on the team but have nothing negative to say about McCutchen who has been far worse against righties all season yet plays nearly every game against them.

• Like 1
  • WHOA SOLVDD 1

4 minutes ago, brewers888 said:

Counsell knew he was setting Keston up to fail facing one of the best pitchers in baseball. Now that he had a struggle he can go back to his favorite player McCutchen the rest of the season. 

This idea that McCutchen is out after this season is way off base and I would expect him back if Counsell decides to return himself which I think is a question at this point. For some reason the same one or two guys love to rip on Hiura who I still believe has the highest OPS against right handed pitching on the team but have nothing negative to say about McCutchen who has been far worse against righties all season yet plays nearly every game against them.

As per usual, your posts are grounded in fiction instead of fact. Do I need to point you to the posts I've made where I've literally said that McCutchen is done.

32 minutes ago, Hopper said:

So two weeks is our sample size to determine if a guy can hit?

How sad is that?

How has Rowdy hit since those 2 weeks began?  Maybe he should be benched too then going by that line of thought.  (yes, I understand Rowdy had a couple of dingers last Sunday)

Keston has had to earn his way into regular playing time since he's been so bad for the past couple years to the point where he lost his everyday spot. Rowdy hasn't had to since he's largely produced in his role over the past year and a half. It's not that hard of a concept. 

17 minutes ago, brewers888 said:

I believe McCutchon is gone for sure.  He's hitting .238/.309/.391... He isn't worth his contract. If CC doesn't want Hiura, DH is another large hole to fill.

• Like 1