Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Football 2022

patrickgpe

1 hour ago, madbad2000 said:

Anybody else affected by the bills/Bengals game in fantasy?   Our league championship came down to the underdog having burrow/Higgins with a chance for the title.   Trying to figure out what to do going forward. 

Yahoo is going to backtrack everything if the game is ever resumed. Pretty easy as any real league involving money doesn’t play Week 18 anyway.

Last week of the fantasy season any reputable commish/league should just wait for it to play out before paying out.

If it is canceled off the schedule then it is up to the people playing and if it affects things. Personally, I’d just split the winnings with the other guy…but it would technically be up to whoever officially won under the cancelation.

I'm the commissioner of our 14-team league.  Our title game had two competitors that had five players combined.  One team was up 117-77 and had Joe Mixon, Tyler Bass, and Gabriel Davis.  The trailing team had Josh Allen and Tee Higgins, so this game was far from over.

Right now, we're just holding serve and waiting on the NFL.  I threw out some options for the guys in our league to ponder, and I've received a couple of other ideas as well, but we're not deciding anything yet.

We don't just hand out money, though.  We have a (rather large) championship trophy, too, so just splitting the title isn't quite as simple.

We use Week 18 as an All-Star Week.  Everybody put in $5 at the beginning of the season and then everyone picks a starting lineup of anybody that they want from the entire NFL.  The only requirement is that you have to have at lease one guy from your own week 17 roster in this lineup.  It's a lot of fun because, even if you had a crummy season, for one week you can at least have a really good roster.  Winner take all.

I really think that the NFL is just going to cancel the game.  At this point it doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot except for seeding.  IF the Chiefs somehow lose to the Raiders, I could MAYBE see them scheduling it, but that totally messes with the entire playoff structure, doesn't it?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

20 hours ago, madbad2000 said:

Anybody else affected by the bills/Bengals game in fantasy?   Our league championship came down to the underdog having burrow/Higgins with a chance for the title.   Trying to figure out what to do going forward. 

the logical part of me wants the MNF game to be inconsequential so it can just be cancelled and the playoffs begin. Although I wouldn't mind have Goodell actually have to earn some of his salary and figure out how to settle the chaos that a make-up game would entail. 

I also have a feeling the game just gets cancelled.   One suggestion in the league was to have the performance in week 18 count for Burrow/Higgins and then see who wins.  Bengals are still playing meaningful football and not resting starters so it gives the owner a fair shot and completes the title game.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

In my opinion, if the game is canceled completely, sucks to suck. Whoever was leading wins, unless they voluntarily decide to split it. Life isn't fair. I get these circumstances are unique...but people get screwed weekly on their guy getting injured 2 minutes into a game...or your #1 pick tearing an ACL within weeks. 

Getting screwed over is like the definition of fantasy football.