Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Football 2022

patrickgpe

30 minutes ago, MrTPlush said:

I th

I think you are overthinking the matchup thing a bit. Cooks hasn’t had double digit points in like 10 games. And even then…he has done it twice all season. White has done it three games in a row (yes two matchup were good)

Both options are absolutely god awful though. Hopefully one of the injured guys plays.

Wilson should the best play but wasn’t used last week. If Samuel or burks are healthy I’ll probably go that route. 

11 hours ago, wildcat83 said:

Mike Williams or DJ Moore as my WR3 this week?

Williams has a much better matchup but I got burned with his 1 play effort to return from injury two weeks ago.

I’d take my chances with Williams. Not like Moore is any less of a boom/bust.

For fantasy football I can't remember and I don't want to look it up, but how was Hill's TD last night calculated from the fumble recovery?  Would it be classified as a rushing TD?  Also the yards he gained are those rushing yards?  Do they just not count at all? 

22 hours ago, nate82 said:

For fantasy football I can't remember and I don't want to look it up, but how was Hill's TD last night calculated from the fumble recovery?  Would it be classified as a rushing TD?  Also the yards he gained are those rushing yards?  Do they just not count at all? 

I played against Hill in my league which we use Yahoo.  He got 6 points for the touchdown it shows up as "Fum Ret TD".  He did not receive any credit for those return yards.

Even though I started Williams over Moore, I lost the week on Monday night.  I needed 6 points from Stevenson, and he got hurt.  Tis the life of fantasy football I guess.

1 hour ago, wildcat83 said:

I played against Hill in my league which we use Yahoo.  He got 6 points for the touchdown it shows up as "Fum Ret TD".  He did not receive any credit for those return yards.

Even though I started Williams over Moore, I lost the week on Monday night.  I needed 6 points from Stevenson, and he got hurt.  Tis the life of fantasy football I guess.

Drat.  I would have seen Stevenson as close to a lock for 6. They were dropping like flies last night.

Help me pick 6 of the following for Round 1 of the playoffs. At least two RB and two WR.

RBs: Kamara, Pollard, Cook, Conner, Zeke

WRs: Adams, Diggs, Hill, K Allen, Kirk, Cooper

Pollard has been so good this year, I feel like I have to roll with him (full PPR) even splitting touches with Zeke. I think Kamara, even in a great matchup, is getting tough to trust, and Zeke also is too TD dependent. So that leaves me with Cook or Conner. I'm leaning Cook given Conner's matchup versus Denver. 

I think Adams, Diggs, and Hill have to be locks. That leaves me with one remaining spot, which I'm leaning toward Keenan Allen for. 

I would play Pollard, Cook, Adams, Diggs, Hill, and Allen.

I don't trust Kamara either.  Conner is going to be stuffed since their QB situation stinks again.  And, yeah, Zeke gets some looks for short scores, but that's about it.

Kirk and Cooper likely put up some stinkers this week more often than good performances if you ran a simulation 50 times.

• Like 1

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

40 minutes ago, pitchleague said:

I would play Pollard, Cook, Adams, Diggs, Hill, and Allen.

I don't trust Kamara either.  Conner is going to be stuffed since their QB situation stinks again.  And, yeah, Zeke gets some looks for short scores, but that's about it.

Kirk and Cooper likely put up some stinkers this week more often than good performances if you ran a simulation 50 times.

That's how I see it and those are my 6. Thanks!

Zeke may be TD dependent, but the Cowboys feed him. The last time he failed to score 15+ points was Week 5 (not including the bye and two games he missed). Cook is just as, if not more TD dependent.

Pollard is a no brainer. The second guy, I think I would go Cook because A) starting both guys on the same team just sounds wrong and B) Cook has sucked lately…but he finally gets a generous match up. His last 5 or so games have been brutal opponents. More potential upside with Cook.

The other debatable, I would tend to agree, roll the dice on Keenan Allen and his dozen plus targets against the worst defending defense against WRs for fantasy purposes.

Justin Fields or Justin Herbert at QB for this week?

Fields has come on of late with his legs and put up some monster games. Herbert seems better after last week after getting some weapons back for him to throw to. 

I have a feeling Fields will go off if I start Herbert...I had the no.1 seed and a 1st round bye locked up until I lost last week, had my work week of the season at the worst possible time and now I play this week. 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

Justin Fields or Justin Herbert at QB for this week?

Fields has come on of late with his legs and put up some monster games. Herbert seems better after last week after getting some weapons back for him to throw to. 

I have a feeling Fields will go off if I start Herbert...I had the no.1 seed and a 1st round bye locked up until I lost last week, had my work week of the season at the worst possible time and now I play this week. 

Tough call, but I think I'd go Herbert. My armchair analysis:

Chargers are playing TN. Tennessee has a really good run D and a not so good pass D. Total for that game is 46.5 and it's in a dome. I think Herbert is finally healthy after that rib injury and he will have all his weapons.

Bears are playing in Chicago against the Eagles. Weather is gonna be mid 20s. Eagles are favored by 9 in a game with a 48.5 total (so Bears are implied for about 20 points total). If Fields has a great game, he's gonna have to get there by running in a TD or two. Eagles D is pretty good.

I subscribe to some projection sites and the one I trust most has Herbert at about 23.5 points and Fields at 21.5

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Also, 

58 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

Wow great! That makes me feel better. Ok here's another one...TE battle Mark Andrews or Evan Engram? Andrews was great early but has tailed off. Jackson isn't starting...backup QB. Makes me leaning on Engram. Or was his monster week last week a fluke?

Claypool was ruled out as well so maybe even better for Herbert.

Andrews vs Engram is another tough one. Cleveland and Dallas have been really good against TEs from a fantasy perspective - almost equally good. I think you bet on talent and go with Andrews. He's had a number of games with Huntley at QB and some of them have been huge:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mark-andrews-stats-by-game-with-tyler-huntley-starting

Engram is boom or bust. He has a really good role but the Dallas D is pretty darn good. Odds are just as good he gets you like 4 points.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

On 12/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, adambr2 said:

Help me pick 6 of the following for Round 1 of the playoffs. At least two RB and two WR.

RBs: Kamara, Pollard, Cook, Conner, Zeke

WRs: Adams, Diggs, Hill, K Allen, Kirk, Cooper

Pollard has been so good this year, I feel like I have to roll with him (full PPR) even splitting touches with Zeke. I think Kamara, even in a great matchup, is getting tough to trust, and Zeke also is too TD dependent. So that leaves me with Cook or Conner. I'm leaning Cook given Conner's matchup versus Denver. 

I think Adams, Diggs, and Hill have to be locks. That leaves me with one remaining spot, which I'm leaning toward Keenan Allen for. 

Holy cow - is this a 6 man league? ha

Which cook? Dalvin or James? For what it's worth - I subscribe to a daily fantasy site and their projection models show Kamara and Dalvin Cook as the 2 best rb plays for the week.  

Edit: I was slightly off - it has Kamara around 19, Cook and Conner around 18 and Pollard at 14.

9 hours ago, stoutdude04 said:

Holy cow - is this a 6 man league? ha

Which cook? Dalvin or James? For what it's worth - I subscribe to a daily fantasy site and their projection models show Kamara and Dalvin Cook as the 2 best rb plays for the week.  

Edit: I was slightly off - it has Kamara around 19, Cook and Conner around 18 and Pollard at 14.

Haha it's a 12! QB is where I am lacking though, especially being SF. I have Cousins, Geno and Rodgers. Dalvin was who I was referring to. 

I was the 8 seed against the 1 seed, down 33 points going into last night's game.  I had dillon and Packers D.  I lost by 1.32 points, because dillon got hurt and/or rams didn't get the ball back so we could stop them on 4th down.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I love my RB depth but I really don't know who to start from them this week.

JK Dobbins I think is an obvious start.

My other options are:
Ken Walker - no practice all week, really hasn't been good lately, and likely to be playing from behind against the Chiefs.
Mostert - if Jeff Wilson is out, I think he's my RB2. But if Wilson plays then I don't like the possibility of split carries or even taking a back seat.
Jeff Wilson - yes, I have him too. Only way I start him is if Mostert gets hurt before Sunday.
Brian Robinson - cross country trip against a good 49'ers D, not liking his chances.
David Montgomery - Fields is a concern as is the possibility of Herbert coming back to split snaps with him.
Z Knight - Thursday night, automatic no-start for me.

I'm thinking it's between Mostert and Montgomery but I really don't feel strongly about any of my options.

I dropped Wilson.  Even when he was healthy recently, he wasn't getting the carries.  Although he might be the best option if Mostert doesn't play.  I would probably go Mostert and keep an eye on it.

My RBs (two plus one W/R/T):

Christian McCaffrey vs. Washington (start)
Josh Jacobs @ Pitt (start)
Jerick McKinnon vs Seattle (W/R/T)

AJ Dillon (bench)
JK Dobbins (bench)

Thoughts?  I don't know if I go with Dobbins over Josh Jacobs or not.

17 hours ago, Samurai Bucky said:

I dropped Wilson.  Even when he was healthy recently, he wasn't getting the carries.  Although he might be the best option if Mostert doesn't play.  I would probably go Mostert and keep an eye on it.

My RBs (two plus one W/R/T):

Christian McCaffrey vs. Washington (start)
Josh Jacobs @ Pitt (start)
Jerick McKinnon vs Seattle (W/R/T)

AJ Dillon (bench)
JK Dobbins (bench)

Thoughts?  I don't know if I go with Dobbins over Josh Jacobs or not.

I like Dobbins, but I'm not playing him over any of those above 3, assuming it's PPR. If it's standard, I might go Dobbins over McKinnon. Jacobs is in the weekly must start category, IMO. 

Here's mine. Start 3, bench 1 in full PPR.

Stevenson 

Ken Walker

Dobbins

Swift 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else affected by the bills/Bengals game in fantasy?   Our league championship came down to the underdog having burrow/Higgins with a chance for the title.   Trying to figure out what to do going forward. 

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis