Brewer Fanatic

Fantasy Football 2022

patrickgpe

On 9/8/2022 at 12:42 PM, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

May want to check your league settings. Most Yahoo leagues let you put a guy in an IR spot once he's ruled out.

Kittle is officially listed as out on yahoo FF, and I was not able to move him to my IR spot, so I don't think my league allows it. Was going to stream Cinny defense today with the open spot, oh well. 

4 minutes ago, patrickgpe said:

Kittle is officially listed as out on yahoo FF, and I was not able to move him to my IR spot, so I don't think my league allows it. Was going to stream Cinny defense today with the open spot, oh well. 

bummer. I was just able to move Dobbins to an IR spot in one of my leagues, so it must be a league setting.

10 minutes ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

bummer. I was just able to move Dobbins to an IR spot in one of my leagues, so it must be a league setting.

i was able to. maybe because i did it right after yahoo notified me it took a few minutes. i feel better with the bengals d than the packers as a streaming option. with it being week 1, i don't do too much roster movement until i see some gameplay  / stats, unless in this case there was an injury. 

Picked the wrong guy on Sunday which cost me a win. Debating if  I want to keep Albert O or pick up Hill (if possible), since Kittle is back to questionable. Probably won’t use a claim and go to the back of the WW priority either way and see what happens after the WW claims are processed. 

I had a guy offer Najee Harris for Aaron Jones.

Obviously he is trying to panic sell Harris thinking their offensive line is so garbage he is going to disappoint. Aaron Jones is in the more electric offensive...but he is at best in a 50/50 split and it sure looks like Dillon could be the more preferred guy on the field. Even though the offense is better...is he really going to best Najee Harris, who is the main back by far? Not like the Steelers are a total disaster. Harris should get plenty of carries and touches near the end zone. 

Kinda temped to accept it, to be honest.

1 hour ago, MrTPlush said:

I had a guy offer Najee Harris for Aaron Jones.

Obviously he is trying to panic sell Harris thinking their offensive line is so garbage he is going to disappoint. Aaron Jones is in the more electric offensive...but he is at best in a 50/50 split and it sure looks like Dillon could be the more preferred guy on the field. Even though the offense is better...is he really going to best Najee Harris, who is the main back by far? Not like the Steelers are a total disaster. Harris should get plenty of carries and touches near the end zone. 

Kinda temped to accept it, to be honest.

I'd take that. Jones is going to be a 50/50 split with Dillon. Harris will be the clear favorite. For the life of me, I don't know why people draft someone high and then panic and sell low after week 1.  I drafted Ekeler #3 overall which isn't going well, but not ready to dump him. In the end i don't how the fantasy outlook is much different between jones and Harris. 

Najee does have the Lisfranc injury from camp still lingering over this season.  And it may not come to anything this season, but in week 1 Claypool had 6 carries  ( including 1 goal line carry). A lot of Najee's value comes from his SILLY volume. Sunday he wasn't very involved in the new Mitchy passing game.

Jones is in the more explosive offense, surrounded by a much better O-line. Jones is older, in a time share, and no stranger to being injured. I could see these players finishing very close in the end of the season standings.  Feels close to a coin flip trade to me.

Yah, they both have their concerns for sure. very way I look at it I see it washing out pretty close to even...and that is what most evaluation tools have it as. If Najee really regresses in the passing game or AJ Dillon gets hurt...that would certainly sway things to probably favoring Jones. I ended up taking Najee. His offense and O-Line may not be good...but feels like historically, RBs in those situations still thrive quite a bit when they are the only RB. Especially when they get almost all the redzone touches every week. 

May not be pretty...but I am sure he will grind it out every week to put up some points. 

Having trouble deciding on Carson Wentz versus Detroit’s porous defense and Kirk Cousins in prime time against the Eagles in what could be a shootout.

and, of course, with Dak Prescott getting hurt, it makes my receiver choices even harder to get a handle on:  Ceedee Lamb, Devonta Smith, Kyle Pitts, Elijah Moore, and George Pickens (need two).

thoughts?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Probably can't go wrong with either qb, but I'd lean cousins.

As for the wrs, I'd probably rank them Moore, Pitts, Smith, lamb, and then Pickens.  But not much separation between them.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I was awarded Jahan Dotson and Garret Wilson this morning. Realized that I had to drop one for a TE if Kittle cannot play again, so I kept Wilson and picked up Garret Everett. It was a tough call but went with the higher pick. I had some vets that I could have dropped (DK Metcalf, Miles Sanders mainly). I also have Hollywood brown, but wasn’t comfortable dropping any of the 3. 

Well, got rid of Elijah Moore last night and picked up Romeo Doubs.

I still really like this team:

QB. K Cousins  MINN

RB. J Williams  DEN

RB. A Jones   GB

WR. C Lamb. DAL

WR. D Smith. PHI

Flex. S Barkley  NYG

Bench   C Wentz WASH, R Doubs GB, K Pitts ATL, and G. Pickens PITT

(Yes we have 2 kickers and 2  DST but chose not to list them.)

This is 14-team PPR league.  We don’t use a TE only slot, hence why Pitts is on the bench.

2-1 start so far (top points this past week!)

What other roster and league info are out there?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Since I’m 0-3 and don’t have much to lose, traded Austin Ekeler and Antonio Gibson for Najee Harris and Cam Akers. I don’t really want to  trade Ekeler low, but he isn’t doing anything and we don’t get points for receptions. Also Robinson is due back soon for the Commanders. At least Harris is the clear #1, and Akers had a good game last week. I don’t think Henderson is that great, to handcuff Akers. The trade value sites I looked at put this as a clear loss for me, but I don’t think the trade is all that bad.

10 hours ago, patrickgpe said:

Since I’m 0-3 and don’t have much to lose, traded Austin Ekeler and Antonio Gibson for Najee Harris and Cam Akers. I don’t really want to  trade Ekeler low, but he isn’t doing anything and we don’t get points for receptions. Also Robinson is due back soon for the Commanders. At least Harris is the clear #1, and Akers had a good game last week. I don’t think Henderson is that great, to handcuff Akers. The trade value sites I looked at put this as a clear loss for me, but I don’t think the trade is all that bad.

The trade doesn’t look after 1 week, but it looks like i will pick up my first win nonetheless. 

• 2 weeks later...