Brewer Fanatic

Scoreboard messages

patrickgpe

This is alll over this AM. 

if this is true, its very disappointing that the Brewers would allow it. I thought its just for groups, birthday and anniversaries, not telling a guy something you don't want to say to his face. Imagine the Pandora's box that is now open.  

1 minute ago, brooks_quichenick said:

Yea, I don't think anyone would pay $100 to really put something like that on the scoreboard for their "friend" to read. This is a fake viral ploy (that is clearly working).

my point is that the brewers should have not allowed it, not if its a viral fake play or not. You just can't put whatever you want on a license plate so you can go viral. Now get off my lawn. 

2 minutes ago, patrickgpe said:

my point is that the brewers should have not allowed it, not if its a viral fake play or not. You just can't put whatever you want on a license plate so you can go viral. Now get off my lawn. 

Never forget...money talks...always.

That image alone has $500 worth of messages which probably took some seasonal worker making $15 an hour, 5 minutes to type in. Righteous bucks. 

9 hours ago, patrickgpe said:

cuz you ain't Mark. 

Respectfully, I think you're overreacting. Unless you have intimate knowledge of the persons involved there's no way to know for certain the true context of the message. I can think of a handful of benign reasons someone would take the opportunity to put that up. I feel like it's much more likely to be a joke and the reactions to it are what was intended.

Even if it can be taken at face value nobody would know which guy there was the Mark it was aimed at.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

5 minutes ago, SeaBass said:

Respectfully, I think you're overreacting. Unless you have intimate knowledge of the persons involved there's no way to know for certain the true context of the message. I can think of a handful of benign reasons someone would take the opportunity to put that up. I feel like it's much more likely to be a joke and the reactions to it are what was intended.

Even if it can be taken at face value nobody would know which guy there was the Mark it was aimed at.

I don’t have any knowledge at all. Maybe its just a joke, and thats fine. Still I thought this was to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, group outing, etc, not tell someone they don’t want to date them. If its open season on the scoreboard, the the Brewers opened up Pandora’s Box, and its anything goes. 

8 minutes ago, patrickgpe said:

I don’t have any knowledge at all. Maybe its just a joke, and thats fine. Still I thought this was to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, group outing, etc, not tell someone they don’t want to date them. If its open season on the scoreboard, the the Brewers opened up Pandora’s Box, and its anything goes. 

I should have said, "Unless one has intimate knowledge..." I wasn't trying to imply you knew anything deeper than the rest of us.

Your point has merit but I think the reason birthday or anniversary messages are common is because not many people would even think to plan (much less pay for) a gotcha message that will appear for a few seconds at a live sports event. Birthdays and anniversaries are pretty much the default.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I assume they went to the game together. That would be awkward and horrible for Mark. Probably why it’s rare that this would pop up. I’m sure the Brewers are loving the publicity. Also note that she never signed it. 

I put on Drew and KB at 3 on 97.3 to hear about the Packers cuts since that was the deadline and instead of discussing them, they interviewed the Twitter user that turned this viral to start the show. 

15 hours ago, patrickgpe said:

This is alll over this AM. 

if this is true, its very disappointing that the Brewers would allow it. I thought its just for groups, birthday and anniversaries, not telling a guy something you don't want to say to his face. Imagine the Pandora's box that is now open.  

Lighten up, Francis.

Yeah, this is one of those "9 out of 10 (insert demographic) agree" moments. Someone has to be the one outlier.

Someone should put up a message at the next game saying,:

"Looking for new friend that enjoys Brewers games, long walks on the beach and possible true love. - Mark"

Edited by SeaBass

4 hours ago, SeaBass said:

Yeah, this is one of those "9 out of 10 (insert demographic) agree" moments. Someone has to be the one outlier.

Someone should put up a message at the next game saying,:

"Looking for new friend that enjoys Brewers games, long walks on the beach and possible true love. - Mark"

Well played:

• WHOA SOLVDD 1

For me, this would be wasted money on me (not for the charity, obviously.)  I rarely, if ever, are looking at those messages on any scoreboard in any stadium because I'm almost always watching something going on down on the field.  Even between innings, those "contest" and other entertainment . . .  I just don't care about it.  It's really just one, big advertisement.  And I get enough of those at home.

[insert old man shaking fist at cloud here.]

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)