Brewer Fanatic

Is the Offense really the problem?

Robocaller

We can break down the numbers any way you want but anyone that thinks this is a good offense is crazy. There isn't one guy in this lineup that fans of other teams say they wish they had on their team.

Besides Hiura who I hope gets the full time DH job next season there isn't one other position player that I can say I really want back next season.

I agree this team is all or nothing.  But the fans are part of this problem.  I like Brice Turang.  He hits the ball.  But lots of posters don't like him because he only hits 10 home runs a year.  Now you have had two years of Wily Adames.  He was sensational over a short period when he was first traded, but has been pedestrian since.  Do you like watching his at bats.  The all or nothing approach?  25 home runs looks good on paper but watching him every game is dull. 

30 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

I agree this team is all or nothing.  But the fans are part of this problem.  I like Brice Turang.  He hits the ball.  But lots of posters don't like him because he only hits 10 home runs a year.  Now you have had two years of Wily Adames.  He was sensational over a short period when he was first traded, but has been pedestrian since.  Do you like watching his at bats.  The all or nothing approach?  25 home runs looks good on paper but watching him every game is dull. 

It will be interesting to see which way the Brewers go next year.  They could essentially have the same team they have now, a team that is playing several rookies, or they could trade some of their assets for other controllable MLB players.

In regards to Turang, I think many people believe he will develop more power over time.  6 of his 12 HRs this year came in August alone.  He has been young at every level he's played in the minors and has taken a little time to adjust.  I love his game and hope he is wearing a Brewer uniform soon.

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

With all due respect, the fans have zero to do with roster construction.

I wish Willy's approach wasn't so geared towards trying to pull the ball for dingers, but his power is still productive. He's put up a 3.1 bWAR season to this point. Hopefully he makes an adjustment over the offseason and takes some more walks in 2023. Personally, I'd be into him moving to 3B primarily and dropping down into more of an RBI spot in the lineup, with Turang handling the bulk of the SS and Urias at 2B (or more of a utility IF if Wong sticks around).

• Like 1