Brewer Fanatic

Prospects who missed the top 20 who you think could/will join the list shortly?

UpandIn

First of all, just saw the aggregated list and it's a great feature. The scouting reports on everyone, the unique format.

But, as always, there's never a consensus on these things and they can only be so long. So players are left off for a plethora of reasons. Just thought I'd make a list and people could mention some of their favorites who aren't on that list.

I'm going to start with just one as I don't have much time this morning, but one guy it seems like people have forgotten about;

Felix Zamora-SS

Currently out for the year with a non-throwing shoulder issue. He must have dislocated it at some point and caused some soft tissue damage at some point, and as a result, it kept coming out(by coming out, it basically just means it moves around in the joint...not that Lethal Weapon, slam it in to a wood beam for no discernible reason to "put it back into place."

I've had shoulder injuries and man is that painful. I can only imagine how it is swinging a bat and not kowing if it's stable or if it could come out on that swing.

In ANY event, he started out in 2019 with the same shoulder causing him issues. Then 2020, covid. So he got a late starter and in his first year splitting time between LoA and HiA, he hit .301/.404/.421 for an .825 OPS.

He re-injured the shoulder this year while...sliding head first if I understand the injury correctly and this led to season ending surgery. 

Surely with just 20 guys to pick from, I fully understand how you're not going to get everyone in here. But this is a plus defensive SS, a guy who makes good contact and who has a pretty good BB/K ratio. 
Avina was another I was thinking about, but I'd like to hear from some others. Who are the guys who didn't make top 20 for whatever reason, but guys you could see making a nice big jump next year.

If anyone has pitchers they've seen...such as that Anthony Perez...a player I knew very little about until a post today, and they can provide some just basic scouting reports, that'd be awesome. 

Or just let me know who to follow in the DSL aside from the obvious. The bigger names(or even just a run down of them...I haven't been following it as closely the last couple years. Guys like Para and Severino/Barrios who I know were the big signings. 

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Pssssstt...you mean Freddy Zamora. I know you know. But, I'm going to remind you.

Freddy's season was a 'throw it in the recycling bin' kind of season. He had a week or so of turn around. Beyond that? Errors galore - was the shoulder at play here? And, a bat that never got going. Quite simply, he's going to want to hit the reset button. For my own 'purposes' as someone who religiously follows our Minor Leagues (?), I'm going to play a 'wait and see' here. With the emergence of the wild card that is Cam Devanney, with Monasterio raking in Double-A, with Turang being the stud he is, and with Eric Brown Jr. now in the fold...Zamora quite simply has fallen deeper on the depth chart. There's lots of work to be done here.

This is a tricky one for me as I follow all the players - literally, I do. So, I like to see when or how a given player gets hot or goes or stays cold. It's just part of my deal on a weekly basis. But, I'll quick give a run down of some players who've caught my eyes in the past month. The list is extensive ?:

• RHP Alexander Cornielle
  • INF Jadher Areinamo 
  • OF Jace Avina
  • RHP Logan Henderson 
  • RHP Kevin Briceno
  • RHP Cameron Wagoner
  • RHP Tyler Woessner
  • INF Robert Moore
  • OF Edquarqui Fernandez
  • Two-Way Legend Quinton Low
  • 1B/OF Yeison Perez
  • C/1B/DH Edgardo Ordonez
  • LHP Osbriel Mogollon
  • LHP Wande Torres
  • LHP Jhofez Mejias
  • RHP Jeral Vizcaino
  • LHP Anfernny Reyes
  • RHP Nelson Cuevas
  • RHP Jose Meneses
  • C/1B/DH Eric Martinez
  • INF Juan Baez
  • OF Reminton Batista
  • OF Kaylan Nicasia
  • INF Luke Adams
  • C/1B Tayden Hall
  • INF Ben Metzinger
  • RHP James Meeker
  • Jose Sibrian
  • Darrien Miller
  • 1B Jesus Chirinos
  • OF Tristen Lutz
  • 1B Thomas Dillard
  • LHP Russ Smith
  • RHP Tyler Gillies
  • RHP Robbie Baker
  • RHP Ryan Middendorf
  • LHP Leoni De La Cruz
  • LHP Nick Bennett
  • RHP TJ Shook
  • RHP Kent Hasler
  • RHP Cam Robinson
  • RHP Nash Walters
  • Brent Diaz
  • INF Zavier Warren
  • OF Noah Campbell
  • RHP Dylan File
  • RHP Zack Brown
  • RHP Lucas Erceg
  • C/LF Jakson Reetz
  • 1B Jon Singleton
  • Like 1

End of the year (because I think they were close in the voting and not much will change before then): Stiven Cruz, Jadher Areinamo, Cam Devanney, Jace Avina

Beginning of next season if they push for an MLB roster spot: Abner Uribe, Cam Robinson.

As for early next season, along with the recent college/JUCO draft picks, keeping an eye on: Cornielle, Zamora, Vallecillo, Herrera, Aquino (if healthy), Henderson, Campbell, Smith, Nicasia and whoever earns the spots in the Carolina infield (Guilarte, Barrios, Perez, Vargas, O'Rae and Adams all have some pop-up potential).

Surprised to see Brent Diaz on some of these lists.  I must be missing something, but I see a journeyman bC who has never gotten a full season of playing time.  Often the third C or taxi squad guy.  He is hitting this year, but he has been old for his league in every season he has played (he's 26 in AA this year).  Is he very good defensively?  I'm not criticizing, just curious.

I do have a higher regard for Areinamo now after reading up on him.  Started this year in A+ and was obviously overmatched.  Then dominated in Rookie and is continuing to hit in low A.  What I did not realize is that he's only 18.  I assumed the Brewers placed him in Wisconsin to start due to just needing a backup infielder, but I did not realize he was that young.  I also see from the game logs that he started in all 7 games he played there.  That's some high regard to place an 18 year old in his first stateside appearance as a starter in high A.  They must be really high on him.  How is he defensively?

As for other names that I have not seen listed yet, I would include Justin Jarvis and Brandon Knarr.  Both have had good results so far this year.  I know Knarr doesn't have the greatest of stuff but its hard to beat the results.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
On 8/19/2022 at 6:27 AM, ClosetBrewerFan said:

Surprised to see Brent Diaz on some of these lists.  I must be missing something, but I see a journeyman bC who has never gotten a full season of playing time.  Often the third C or taxi squad guy.  He is hitting this year, but he has been old for his league in every season he has played (he's 26 in AA this year).  Is he very good defensively?  I'm not criticizing, just curious.

I do have a higher regard for Areinamo now after reading up on him.  Started this year in A+ and was obviously overmatched.  Then dominated in Rookie and is continuing to hit in low A.  What I did not realize is that he's only 18.  I assumed the Brewers placed him in Wisconsin to start due to just needing a backup infielder, but I did not realize he was that young.  I also see from the game logs that he started in all 7 games he played there.  That's some high regard to place an 18 year old in his first stateside appearance as a starter in high A.  They must be really high on him.  How is he defensively?

As for other names that I have not seen listed yet, I would include Justin Jarvis and Brandon Knarr.  Both have had good results so far this year.  I know Knarr doesn't have the greatest of stuff but its hard to beat the results.

I personally just love Diaz's game. He's smooth. Reliable. He's starting to hit - which is a bonus. All the pitchers are comfortable with him. I love having him in the catching pool.

Areinamo is a very good defensive player to boot. He made a play at 3B this past week that left my jaw dropped. He has a very good arm. He can play all over the infield (I'd personally like to see if he can play SS too in a break glass type of instance). Just a very exciting young player. I didn't put Jarvis and Knarr on my lists because they are known 'commodities' for me. I like both young men, but, they caught my eyes earlier in the season. I will say - Knarr has scuffled a bit in his second half.