Brewer Fanatic

Sal Frelick.......

3 hours ago, Austin Tatious said:

That’s the guy I thought of too.  Will set the table but he also can set the tone with his competitive style a la Dykstra.

I like that comp. I don't have one for Mitchell...but he helps you win. Just so smooth out there, turns singles into doubles, big arm...Wiemer seems like a Jay Buhner type player. 

Gotta figure out what we're gonna do with the two aces quick. Flip 'em soon so the arms we get are on the same timeline or...take that extra money that'll be coming in and try and extend one?

Also Tyler Black could VERY possibly be in this group if not for a freak injury, Quero and Chourio a year or so behind.

And hey, who knows. Maybe Rodgers takes Yelich on an ayahuasca trip and he gets back to his MVP status!

Lots of bats coming through the system now. Even dark horses like Devanney who could certainly help in the future...there's a lot to like. Ashby developing into #1/2, Gasser into a #2/3 would certainly help matters, and they certainly have the stuff for it. 

The real question is who's going to be the guy to lead us the next 4-6 years. Does Stearns stay with the Mets in seemingly good hands or are they still planning on trying to poach him and slide him into that newly vacated POBO position ahead of Eppler?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oxy said:

He will be in MKE on like 4/20/23. Somewheres about when he will have less than 1 year service time at the end of 2023.

That’s a possibility, but with the new rule that gives a draft pick for rookies that start the season on the 26-man and end up in the top three vote getters for ROY, they may have him on the roster from the get-go. 

That was discussed when they were waiting to bring up Mitchell, so they’re definitely thinking about it. I guess it depends on how confident they are in how well guys like Frelick, Mitchell, and Turang will do and if they have a shot at ROY. 

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh