Brewer Fanatic

1250 The Fan

wibadgers23

1 hour ago, patrickgpe said:

It is, I was such a large fan in my youth. Its just not the same. Its gotten way too preachy. He still uses a lot of the same audio drops. The funny thing, I really stopped listening regularly to the station when they replaced Rome with the Big Unit, and its all come full circle. 

That also is when I stopped listening to Rome. I was really ticked off when they replaced him with Bill Michaels, of whom I've never been a fan.

Who can forget Rome's favorite charity--Cockfighters Across America Foundation? I appreciate that Jim wanted to give back to the kids, even if Tony in Cleveland did not approve.

2 hours ago, Axman59 said:

That also is when I stopped listening to Rome. I was really ticked off when they replaced him with Bill Michaels, of whom I've never been a fan.

Who can forget Rome's favorite charity--Cockfighters Across America Foundation? I appreciate that Jim wanted to give back to the kids, even if Tony in Cleveland did not approve.

All of stuff he used to do that was funny (Piece of Crap Club, Rat Family, Personal Appearance is show fodder, etc)  he now deems inappropriate. 

I would listen sometimes on the app, its just not the same show as it was when i was in my 20’s. I think its still better than anything out that is national, (cowheard, etc). But thats not saying much. 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:45 AM, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

Always enjoyed listening to Winkler in the mornings because he at least gave a crap about the Brewers. Sparky would rather talk about Packers offseason 24/7. He also loved to stir up drama constantly. 

I stopped listening in the AM when Bart took over the lead from Chuck. Bart was just unlistenable for me.

5 hours ago, sobomp3 said:

Sparky hasn't done Bucks postgame in years. He was basically just down to the 3 hours during the afternoon each day with The Big Show (which was borderline unlistenable anyhow haha).

From what could piece together when Chuck was on in the mornings... Chuck and Sparky put a lot of time in behind the scenes such as setting up guests.

3rd place out of the 3 sports stations in Milwaukee. 

Too many stations anyways for sports programming. 

Hell, Chicago only has 2 sports stations.

Glad Tim is gunna be back at 97.3.

All the others, good riddance, they were terrible.

57 minutes ago, wibadgers23 said:

Also noticed there’s been no Brewers postgame on 97.3 with Tim Allen. They announced the first show would be Monday after the Dodgers game. Possibly some sort of contract issue?

Or they realize their main demographic for that show is likely asleep by the time the game ends.  Might wait until back to Central Time to start.

18 minutes ago, NBBrewFan said:

Or they realize their main demographic for that show is likely asleep by the time the game ends.  Might wait until back to Central Time to start.

Doubt it, they promote it over the weekend and then crickets. If they had plans would have said at least something.

8 hours ago, bucks2281 said:

My guess is that Allen has a noncompete that will require him to sit out for awhile. 

i was surprised it was starting backup within a week of getting shut down. I think you are right.  I think the game probably messed up.