Brewer Fanatic

Thurs. 8/11 - Can You Handle Eleven Games? At Least Big League Crew Is Off

Mass Haas

1 hour ago, Joseph Zarr said:

(2) Logan Henderson pitching a clean 3 K inning. 

Can't wait for him to get to the appropriate level. I know he doesn't have the physical projection profile but he had some ridiculous stats on a national championship team. I am a sucker for great changeups so can't wait to see that pitch.

• Like 2

I love a farm system that has middle infield depth throughout. We seem to be developing that. Predicting a big bounceback year for Valerio in '23. 

Shoutout to Corey Ray. After the rollercoaster ride his career has been, reacting poorly after being sent to Biloxi is something a lesser competitor might fall prey to. He obviously isn't doing that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BallFour said:

Can't wait for him to get to the appropriate level. I know he doesn't have the physical projection profile but he had some ridiculous stats on a national championship team. I am a sucker for great changeups so can't wait to see that pitch.

Agreed. There's only so many starters you can run out there who throw in the upper 90s(and we do seem to try and add as many as possible). You hope you hit on Misiorowski, Gasser...I'd say Kelly, but we've moved on. But Ashby, Peralta, and keep developing, maybe you get some power arms back from Burnes/Woodruff, but the Brewers newfound ability to scout and develop pitching is why I don't believe our entire future the next decade comes down to Burnes/Woodruff's arbitration.

Some TOR arms and then you've gotta fill the back of the rotation with the Smith's and Henderson's of the world. And maybe they exceed expectations, add a couple MPH and become Eric Lauer's. 

I'll enjoy the Burnes/Woody future, maybe...we can actually re-sign one(chances ranging from unlikely to impossible) but we're seeing a system with guys who've been exceeding expectations, I like the idea of continual success and cheap #4/5 swing men, middle relief, that plays a huge role.