Brewer Fanatic

Franmil Reyes

3 hours ago, liveforoctober said:

Consider me interested. Only 27, two 30 HR seasons under his belt already... he is striking out a lot right now though. His barrel % remains very good.

Career .820 OPS against LHP.

Looks like a David Ortiz from the right side...through age 26(actually...a little better). 

Poor Keston. 2R HR tonight, he'll have a couple big games, they'll claim Reyes and then...of course it'd be Hiura's spot he'd take, right?

But really, he does look like a guy you'd take a flier on. 

3 hours ago, liveforoctober said:

Consider me interested. Only 27, two 30 HR seasons under his belt already... he is striking out a lot right now though. His barrel % remains very good.

Career .820 OPS against LHP.

Good career numbers versus lefties, but he really fell apart versus lefties this year. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

16 hours ago, Jopal78 said:

For a team that can’t score when they don’t homer, Reyes wouldn’t  help the Brewers; he’s a clone of Hiura with a 37% strike out rate. 

Reyes career line through '21;

.260/.325/.503 line with a 121 OPS+ over 1540 PAs

280 PAs(complied at the age of 26). 

Reyes also has a career line of  .269/.348/.472 with a .820 OPS vs lefties.

WILL he help? I don't know. Seems kinda foolish to dismiss it out of hand because he's struggled this year. Especially for a guy who's...again, still in his age 26 season(just turned 27). So just now hitting his prime. Maybe you get the guy who hit 37, 30 in the past two full seasons he played.

Maybe you get nothing special and he's really NOT an upgrade.

Doesn't feel like the worst idea to roll the dice here, but I suspect he'll get claimed before he gets to the NL and if not, before he gets to the Brewers on the waiver wire.

11 hours ago, Playing Catch said:

It seems like something Stearns would do. Has never played CF in MLB. Can Renfroe play CF?

God no. Reyes seems like he could play DH/1B, RF/LF.

Definitely wouldn't throw Renfore in there at CF though.