Brewer Fanatic

The Nashville Five

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Turang seems tailor made to slide into our 2B spot next year.  I'm hoping we see Mitchell or Frelick as our starting CFer next year also.  I've been clamoring for Taylor to get a chance at CF.  I'm over it now.  He should be the 4th OFer. 

Wouldn't shock me to see one of Mitchell, Ruiz, or Renfroe be traded in the offseason.  In fact, if we don't make the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised by a mild shake-up that involved getting spots for our best minor leaguers to play.  I think this "wave" of players is on the downturn (Cain retired, Yelich not doing 2019 Yelich things, Wong showing some age, 2020 version of Narvaez showing back up).  

With Wong's and Cain's contracts off the books (and positions filled by rookies), we'd have some cash to spend elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, CheezWizHed said:

Turang seems tailor made to slide into our 2B spot next year.  I'm hoping we see Mitchell or Frelick as our starting CFer next year also.  I've been clamoring for Taylor to get a chance at CF.  I'm over it now.  He should be the 4th OFer. 

Wouldn't shock me to see one of Mitchell, Ruiz, or Renfroe be traded in the offseason.  In fact, if we don't make the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised by a mild shake-up that involved getting spots for our best minor leaguers to play.  I think this "wave" of players is on the downturn (Cain retired, Yelich not doing 2019 Yelich things, Wong showing some age, 2020 version of Narvaez showing back up).  

With Wong's and Cain's contracts off the books (and positions filled by rookies), we'd have some cash to spend elsewhere. 

I hope to flip Taylor for something during the first half of next season, and having 2-3 of our OF prospects up. I'm guessing management won't want to promote them en masse until June.  We need Renfroe next season, at least until Wiemer is up and producing; doesn't make sense trying to upgrade there, if the upgrade is just another stopgap. 1B, 3B, and pitching are places where an upgrade will help more.
Trading one of the AAA+ OFs is a reasonable thing to do if they can upgrade another position long-term.
If Jace leaves, I'd love to upgrade at 3B and have Urias and Turang playing multiple positions.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to bump this back up to page 1- again.  Some more exciting developments as we get towards the end of the year.  Wiemer has now surpassed Frelick in Nashville OPS.  Frelick continues to be very good.  Turang has had a very strong second half.  Ruiz has brought his Nashville OPS up to the mid 800s.

Gasser, another top prospect in AAA, just getting his feet wet, but continues his nice strike out rate.

Just because I am a big fan of his, I'll give a shout out to Cam Devanney, let's see if he can finish his fine year as well.

Really fun group to follow.

• Like 1

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
On 8/29/2022 at 5:31 PM, Robocaller said:

We need Renfroe next season, at least until Wiemer is up and producing; doesn't make sense trying to upgrade there, if the upgrade is just another stopgap. 

Yes, it was my assumption that if Renfroe was traded, either Wiemer was going to be the starter or one of the other young OFers would fill in until then.  That would be a blow-up rebuild of course, but not the worst plan if Renfroe brought back something decent.

• 1 month later...