Brewer Fanatic

Joc Pederson

With the Giants falling further out of the playoff picture, they are said to be shopping guys like Carlos Rodon and Joc Pederson.

I think Pederson could be a good option for us who wouldn't cost much as he's a rental. Good pop in his bat, can play all three OF positions.

Could be a pretty good platoon CF with Tyrone Taylor, especially if he would start when we're not starting a flyball SP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

He's an all-or-nothing platoon hitter prone to massive slumps. There is a reason a well-run organization like the Dodgers wasn't too keen on keeping him. 

Were they a well run organization when they acquired him? 

He's a good player, and the Dodgers would have kept him off they didn't have so many other OF options already under contract. He'd be a good option for the Brewers.

• Like 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
9 hours ago, Never Outhustled said:

Were they a well run organization when they acquired him? 

He's a good player, and the Dodgers would have kept him off they didn't have so many other OF options already under contract. He'd be a good option for the Brewers.

LOL, what does when the Dodgers acquired him have anything to do with this? He was drafted by the Dodgers out of high school 12 years ago. 

And no, if he was one of the Dodgers top 3 OF options, they could have easily kept him. They chose not to. Perhaps they should have looked to offload Bellinger on someone instead, but Pederson is what he is at this point ... a platoon bat prone to massive slumps.

I like Pederson, but the Brewers big weakness is facing off against LHP, and Pederson doesn't help them there. Not against looking at the price tag, but he wouldn't be my first choice.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Do the Brewers have 26 players, or better yet 5 outfielders better than Joc Pederson? I would say the answer is no. 

The real  issue, besides his concussion, is that the Giants are not a rebuilding 90 loss club. They have a positive run differential of 31; according to their Pythagorean they should actually be 54-48.

Unless they can get young major league ready talent that can potentially help them next year, they may likely roll the bones with the current squad and maybe they can get hot/lucky and snag the 3rd wild card.  

14 hours ago, Ron Robinsons Beard said:

LOL, what does when the Dodgers acquired him have anything to do with this? He was drafted by the Dodgers out of high school 12 years ago. 

And no, if he was one of the Dodgers top 3 OF options, they could have easily kept him. They chose not to. Perhaps they should have looked to offload Bellinger on someone instead, but Pederson is what he is at this point ... a platoon bat prone to massive slumps.

Please give me stats that show he is more prone to slumps than any other player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Playing Catch said:

Sure, Joc Pederson has baseball value, and for all I know, he's a decent guy. But I irrationally dislike him and don't want him on my favorite team.

Agreed.  He’s around my yadier Molina level of hate but has had borderline success in his career.  Plus, who aside from sugar ray still bleaches and tips their hair? This isn’t 2000 bro

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman