Brewer Fanatic

Ketel Marte?

Has anyone brought up his name yet?  He's under contract for 5-6 more seasons at a non-oppressive salary (average of ~$14M/year).  Has played 2B exclusively this season but has played over 1000 innings in CF with a .991 fielding %.  Switch hitter, better against LHP but not terrible against RHP.   That's a little skewed against relievers; he's much more even vs RHP/LHP starting pitchers.

I assume he'll cost a pretty penny as he is entering his peak years at age 28.  But he can play CF this year and take over for Wong (and Wong's salary slot) next year, then flip him for prospects once Valerio/Black are ready.  And ARI isn't going anywhere the next few seasons.

What would it take?  I assume one of Frelick/Mitchell plus one of Valerio/Turang and at least two other top-15 prospects.

1 hour ago, LouisEly said:

Has anyone brought up his name yet?  He's under contract for 5-6 more seasons at a non-oppressive salary (average of ~$14M/year).  Has played 2B exclusively this season but has played over 1000 innings in CF with a .991 fielding %.  Switch hitter, better against LHP but not terrible against RHP.   That's a little skewed against relievers; he's much more even vs RHP/LHP starting pitchers.

I assume he'll cost a pretty penny as he is entering his peak years at age 28.  But he can play CF this year and take over for Wong (and Wong's salary slot) next year, then flip him for prospects once Valerio/Black are ready.  And ARI isn't going anywhere the next few seasons.

What would it take?  I assume one of Frelick/Mitchell plus one of Valerio/Turang and at least two other top-15 prospects.

Given he is under contract through '27 with an option for '28 at reasonable rates and the fact the Diamondbacks have some blue chip talent on the way in the next couple seasons, they would need to be blown away to move him. 

One prospect in the MLB Top 100 and some other assorted stuff from Milwaukee likely isn't enticing.