Brewer Fanatic

Trade Rumor: Brewers Pursuing Nationals' Josh Bell

6 minutes ago, UpandIn said:

I was on board until the Yelich in CF part. I'd rather bring Kotsay back and stick him in CF. I'd be all for Ian Happ if the Cubs didn't tax the Brewers for the right.

If you're looking for better offense in center, Yelich is probably the best bet, especially given his hot streak. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, clancyphile said:

If you're looking for better offense in center, Yelich is probably the best bet, especially given his hot streak. 

Ok...but if he's not good in LF, what do you think he's going to look like in CF?

I'm looking at improving on balance. Not just offensively, but overall. How many balls just in the last 2 weeks would have dropped with Yelich in CF vs Taylor(who I don't think is a particularly good CFer, but at least passable). 

Scoring matters...and obviously STOPPING the other team from scoring matters. I still remember the Brewers opting for offense and FOUR runs(all 4 runs) the Cards scored were the direct result of terrible CF defense.  

27 minutes ago, clancyphile said:

Ok...but if he's not good in LF, what do you think he's going to look like in CF?

I'm looking at improving on balance. Not just offensively, but overall. How many balls just in the last 2 weeks would have dropped with Yelich in CF vs Taylor(who I don't think is a particularly good CFer, but at least passable). 

Scoring matters...and obviously STOPPING the other team from scoring matters. I still remember the Brewers opting for offense and FOUR runs(all 4 runs) the Cards scored were the direct result of terrible CF defense.  

After the Brewers get Bell, we should move on from McCutchen. Attanasio will need to be shown why Cutch sucks, but it's the best thing for the versatility of the roster. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

After the Brewers get Bell, we should move on from McCutchen. Attanasio will need to be shown why Cutch sucks, but it's the best thing for the versatility of the roster. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

2 minutes ago, Never Outhustled said:

LOL no.  McCutchen has been one of the better hitters on the Brewers.  Removing McCutchen would make this team worse not better.  McCutchen should be the everyday LF over Yelich at least there maybe a couple plays at the plate on throws unlike just send it it is Yelich noodle arm in LF with the runner being safe by 10 feet.

2 minutes ago, Never Outhustled said:

LOL no.  McCutchen has been one of the better hitters on the Brewers.  Removing McCutchen would make this team worse not better.  McCutchen should be the everyday LF over Yelich at least there maybe a couple plays at the plate on throws unlike just send it it is Yelich noodle arm in LF with the runner being safe by 10 feet.

45 minutes ago, nate82 said:

No, he's one of the worst hitters on the team. We have 9 hitters with a higher OPS, and that doesn't include Hiura, who outpaces Cutch by 89 points.

He's not good, and hasn't been for years. 

45 minutes ago, nate82 said:

No, he's one of the worst hitters on the team. We have 9 hitters with a higher OPS, and that doesn't include Hiura, who outpaces Cutch by 89 points.

Just now, Never Outhustled said:

McCutchen has a 101 WRC+ you don't just throw away 101 WRC+ players it is just dumb roster management.  He is only not the worst in OPS that would be Narvaez and Taylor.  McCutchen has also been the 6th best hitter in the 2nd half so far with an .832 OPS.  McCutchen does not need to be replaced.  

Just now, Never Outhustled said:

McCutchen has a 101 WRC+ you don't just throw away 101 WRC+ players it is just dumb roster management.  He is only not the worst in OPS that would be Narvaez and Taylor.  McCutchen has also been the 6th best hitter in the 2nd half so far with an .832 OPS.  McCutchen does not need to be replaced.  

8 hours ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

Thinking of Yelich in CF with his arm, I have visions of Willie McGee in game 3 of the '82 series, tagging up from 2B on a fly to CF and scoring.

there are plenty of good CF who don't have great arms. he'd be a bad OF even if he had a better arm.

8 hours ago, Jim French Stepstool said:

Thinking of Yelich in CF with his arm, I have visions of Willie McGee in game 3 of the '82 series, tagging up from 2B on a fly to CF and scoring.

there are plenty of good CF who don't have great arms. he'd be a bad OF even if he had a better arm.

4 hours ago, nate82 said:

but it's not like it would take much to improve on him either.  They should get whichever hitter they can get, and maybe send one of our players back. If McCutchen is the one who's replaced, so be it.

4 hours ago, nate82 said:

but it's not like it would take much to improve on him either.  They should get whichever hitter they can get, and maybe send one of our players back. If McCutchen is the one who's replaced, so be it.